Chapter 1

I read over the text message I hade gotten two days ago. I hadn’t told Dean about it and I quickly closed it as Dean came out of the bathroom at the airport. I didn’t know how to take it. I wasn’t sure if it had been a game, someone trying to mess with me again or what and I figured I would wait to tell Dean about it after I figured it out.

“Are you ready?” Dean asked as he took his bag from my hand.

“I guess,” I replied. Dean had asked me to come back to work early, promising he would beat the crap out of Seth if he so much as breathed in my direction. I had agreed, feeling much better at the time, but now that we were here, I wasn’t too sure.

Dean grabbed both of my hands, pulling me a bit closer to him. “I promise you, Kelsey, I won’t let him even look at you. You’re mine now and I promise I won’t ever break your heart like he did. Everything will be ok. Trust me,” Dean said with a smile.

I smiled up at him and nodded as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead before leading me out of the airport, hand in hand. It felt good to have finally cleared the air with Dean. No more lying to ourselves or each other about how we felt. Just the two of us, being completely happy and comfortable with each other.

We stopped a few times for pictures and autographs with some fans before climbing into our rental and heading straight to the arena for the live show we had tonight. We listened to the radio as we drove, still holding tightly to each others hands. It was almost as though if we let go of each others hand we would loose the past few days that we had spent together and neither of us were ready to let that go.

We got to the arena and made our way inside, finding out where our locker rooms were. Dean walked me to the female one gave me a quick kiss on the lips before heading to his own locker room, agreeing to meet each other later in catering. I sighed as I entered the locker room, feeling as though everything was all a dream. I smiled and said hello to the few women that were in here and proceeded to get changed into my attire.

“Hey, Kelsey! How are you?” I heard from behind me.

I turned from lacing up my boots to see Renee coming over to me. I felt a bit awkward, I mean, I did basically steal her boyfriend away but I seen the genuine smile on her face and relaxed a bit as she sat down. “Hey, Renee. I’m much better now, thank you,” I said.

Renee sat down. “that’s good. Did you get my text?”

“yeah. Sorry, I wasn’t in the mood to text at the time and then Dean showed up and –“ I cut myself off, feeling the awkwardness if the situation set in again. I quickly looked away but looked back as Renee giggled.

“This is why I came to find you when I heard that you were back. I knew there was going to be awkwardness but I don’t want that. I’m truly happy for you and Dean. Deans a great guy and you’re an amazing person and you two truly deserve each other. I want to be friends, Kelsey. Truce?”

I smiled at her. Renee wasn’t as bad as I had originally thought. I stuck out my hand for her to shake, showing we were good, we were friends. Renee shook it and went to leave but was hesitant about it. “I need to come clean about one more thing. I feel horrible and stupid about this. It was so childish,” Renee said.

I looked at her confused as she paused. “What is it, Renee?” I asked.

“i…I deleted your texts and phone calls from Deans phone before you came here. I was jealous. You two had such a good bond from the start and I just wanted that so badly.”

I smiled softly at her. I understood to an extent and it was in the past, nearly six months ago. “Its ok, Renee. I understand. It’s in the past.”

Renee smiled and hugged me quickly. “You’re amazing! See another reason you deserve Dean.”

Renee left the locker room as I stood and stretched. I decided I’d go to find Dean and left the locker room. It didn’t take long to find him as I seen him making his way towards me down the hall. “Hey, babe, you hungry?” he asked.

I nodded as he took my hand and laced our fingers. Dean leaned down and quickly pecked my lips before we made our way to catering. It seemed like everyone was watching us, unsure of how to take us finally being open about how we felt for each other. We grabbed some food and took a seat only to be quickly joined by our small group of friends, Roman, Cesaro, and Paige.

We talked and we laughed. I told Cesaro about what had happened and he couldn’t believe Seth was that stupid. Roman and Dean were animatedly discussing what was going to happen with the title once Raw and SmackDown split when Paige suddenly spoke up.

“douchebag at two o’clock,” she whispered in my ear.

I looked up at the door to see Seth had just walked in with Xavier Woods. I watched him until he noticed me watching and I quickly looked away, putting my hand on top of my phone that was sitting on the table. Dean noticed Seth staring just then and placed his hand over top of mine. I gave him a weak smile which he returned before leaning in and giving me a big kiss.

I could hear Seth hiss from my spot across the room and watched as he turned on his heels to leave the room, Xavier following closely behind him. Dean squeezed my hand and I turned to look at him. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, “I promised you, I wouldn’t let him near you. I won’t let anyone hurt you again and I meant it.”

I smiled softly just as my phone vibrated under my hand. I waited to check it until Dean was busy talking with Cesaro and Roman. I unlocked my phone, not realizing I was still being watched by Paige, and read the text from the same number that messaged me the other day, “We need to talk Kelsey. I can’t live a lie…”