Chapter 8

Kira was hanging on Edwards back, her legs wrapped around her waist, he made sure not to drop her, as her head was resting on his shoulder, as she slept, Bella walking beside them, turned to look at her, smiling as she heard Kira snore

The Cullen's woke her up early, knowing she would never get out of her bed, so they literally dragged her to the first meeting on teaching The Quilete Wolf Pack on how to defeat the New Born army coming for Bella.

Out of all the Cullen's, Kira was closest to Edward and Jasper, so when Jasper turned to look at them, he chuckled walking over, grabbing Kira, carefully making sure not to wake her up, as he carried her bridal style, walking over to Alice as she smiled brightly.

"I still don't understand how can she sleep like that?" Alice questioned curiously "She's really tired." Jasper responded knowingly as he used his ability, Kira stirred as she sighed "Jasper?" She questioned "Yeah?" He he said looking down at her.

"You smell good." She said and Jasper again chuckled at her "Thank you ma'm" he said as he let her down softly on the ground, she looked at her surroundings as she took in the green scenery and the smell of the forest.

"Where's my belt?" She said referring to her katana "Right here." Edward said wrapping it around her waist "I knew you were going to forget it." He whispered softly "Well I was half asleep." She said with a smirk "Also I didn't even dress myself." She said with an annoyed face, turning to look at Rosalie.

Rosalie just had a smug look "You we're taking to long." She said shrugging and Kira rolled her eyes turning to look back at Edward, he studied her face knowing something was wrong, he made a face, waiting for her to tell.

Kira sighed and looked down "I know, I know." She said closing her eyes "but not here, later." She said and Edward grabbed her chin, making her look up as he grabbed a hold of her face and kissed her forehead.

They heard a growl as they both turned to look at a grey wolf coming towards them, knowing it was Paul, the rest of the wolf pack showed up, Edward smirked, reading Paul's mind, going back to Bella, as Kira rolled her eyes at Paul's jealousy.

Paul nudged his head with hers as he let her hands run over his fur but she stopped as she got back to the Cullen's side, she heard him whine but ignored it.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward said reading there minds "They came, that's what matters. Will you translate?" He questioned and Edward nodded, Carlisle turned to look at the Pack "Welcome, Jasper has experience with the newborns, teach us how to defeat them." He says looking towards Jasper as he steps up.

Edward then speaks up "They wanna know how the newborns differ from us." He says looking through the Packs mind "They're a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle says explaining to them.

Kira blocks everything out as she carefully thinks what she's gonna tell Edward, knowing she can't lie, she sighs as she leans against the tree, Bella walks over to her "You okay?" She questions curiosity taking over her thoughts.

"Yeah, just super tired." She says biting her lip "You know you don't have to do this." Bella says hoping she could convince her "Bella we talked about this, I'm not leaving you unprotected, you're my best friend, I'm not letting anybody hurt you." She said and Bella sadly smiled "I know I just don't want to see you hurt."

Kira smiled, putting her arm around Bella's shoulder and bringing her into a hug "I love you clumsy weirdo." She mumbled and Bella laughed "Love you too crazy fox." She said and Kira pulled away "Fox works but guys I'm a kitsune, it's not hard to say." She said making Bella laugh harder.

Edward turned to look at them with a smile, wishing this moment could last forever, as the meeting ended, Paul walked towards Kira hugged his huge head "Call me later." She said and he nodded his huge head, walking back towards the Pack as Kira turned towards the Cullen's.

>>>>>>>>>>

      Kira and Edward sat on the forest floor, Kira played with the grass knowing Edward was looking at her, burning a hole into her head.

     "You know I got forever." He said with a smirk making a vampire joke as Kira snorted, rolling her eyes "I'm slowly losing control." She whispered hoping he didn't hear but he did "of what?" He questioned "The kitsune." She said finally looking up.

     "The fox inside me is slowly taking over, sleepwalking in the middle of the forest, I'm controlling the electricity around me without even trying to, I almost killed my mom last week." She said whispering the last part as she got lost in her mind.

*flashback*

      Kira stood in her dad's classroom in the high school on the reservation, helping her father carry boxes in, "it's Saturday dad. Is this really necessary?" She questioned with a tired and annoyed look.

     "Yes. I want to spend time with you, now go inside, i forgot something in the car." He said as Kira went inside putting the boxes on his desk, she opened one and started to unpack when she heard noise behind her.

     She quickly turns around as her mother attacked her with a sword "where is your sword Kira?" She questioned her "I left it at the Cullen's." She said and her mother tossed her sword as she took out another one.

     They immediately began to fight but her mother notices that Kira seemed to turn into someone different during the fight, her mother began to speak in Japanese as she both there swords were against each other, her mother pushed her against a desk "Who are you?" She said angrily.

     Kira didn't answer trying to push her mother off, but her mother tries again "Show yourself, kitsune." She says and Kira finally responds by glowing her orange eyes, and screaming as she finally pushed her off and began to fight her with much more force.

     She fox aura began to glow around her, as she strikes back at her mom, breaking her sword. Her mother falls to the ground looking at her daughter like a stranger, Kira rears her sword back ready to kill her when her father comes in with a obsidian throwing star.

     He slams it on the desk, snapping Kira into reality, she breathes heavily, looking around finally realizing what just happened "Why would you do that?" She questioned angrily "I could have killed you." She pressed on putting her hands in her hair.

     Her mother than spoke up "not you, the fox inside you." She says carefully and Kira looks down shocked and sad.

*flashback over*

     Edward sat there with wide eyes as he looked in her mind and he saw how Kira almost killed her mother, like she was going to do it without regret but he knew that wasn't her.

    "Kira." He spoke softly and she snapped her head towards him "We're going to figure this out, and your going going to be okay." He said with a smile "How do you know that?" She questioned sadly "Because I know." is all he said as he grabbed Kira's hand and squeezed it.

     Kira smiled back, feeling safe.

>>>>>>>>
Hey guys, I updated.
If you guys read I walk the line I explained why I haven't updated so go read that.

Also Edward and Kira are goals 👌🏼❤️
Not so much of Paul and Kira but don't worry there will be soon.
Thank you for reading and waiting patiently, hope your not Mad or upset.

I love you guys so much 💘

VOTE | COMMENT