Chapter 32

Monica linked her fingers together and stared at Panuleon.

"Unusual name," She smiled nervously.

"It is," The angel said. He was confused by her reaction. She clearly wasn't an angel because he could feel that she wasn't. When he looked at this woman, they were similar in more ways than not. She had the same colour hair and eyes. She was the same height and stood the same way as him.

But this has to be coincidence, she isn't an angel. 

"So um, why did you want to meet me?" She asked.

"I think you know why." Panuleon didn't want to scare this woman but her behaviour was odd. She was nervous and trying to hide her emotions.

Panuleon likes to study humans body language and there is a reason as to why she's acting this way. 

"I don't understand," She frowned as her gaze shifted to Jenny. 

"Panuleon, can I talk to you outside?" Corey then asked while standing up.

His soulmate turned to look at him. The sight of Corey calmed his heart immediately and he wanted nothing more than to kiss him. But his expression was serious and he could feel his concern.

"Of course."

He walked over and following him out of the room and towards the front door. 

When they were outside, Corey took Panuleon's hands. He immediately felt the warmth of their fingers intertwining. It felt so perfect.

"Is she an angel?" He asked.

"No."

Panuleon stared at the gold in Corey's beautiful blue eyes.

"I saw the way she looked at you when you told her your name. But if she's not an angel, she can't be related to you right?" Corey asked.

"Angels can have their wings and powers stripped, making them human," He said with a sudden thoughtful look, but he hoped that wasn't true.

"What would they do that was so bad, they couldn't be angels anymore?" Corey asked and moved closer to him when a cold breeze pushed in-between them.

"An angel would have to spill the blood of another angel on heavens grounds."

He remembered when Raphael was killed. But that was technically Corey, it was self-defence and it was on earth's ground. 

"I guess that's a pretty big crime? Panuleon, I'm just worried that's all. I don't want you to build up your hopes to find out that she's not your mum and this is some big, crazy coincidence. If it turns out you are related, I really don't want to see you get hurt," Corey said truthfully.

There's nothing more distressing than seeing his soulmate feeling down about something.

"Come here."

Panuleon's voice was soft while he let go of Corey's hands so he could wrap his arms around him. Corey relaxed into his chest and shut his eyes. He wanted Panuleon to be reunited with his parents but he wanted it to be as smooth as possible for him. He knows that might not be so easy in this situation.

"I really appreciate your concern. I know it's only natural for you to worry about me because that's who we are now. But whatever happens, I know you will be here for me and helping me in the right direction. I shall give Monica a chance, but I will not get too attached. I know the chances are very slim," Panuleon said and gently took Corey's head off his chest so he could look at him. 

They gave each other reassuring smiles before pulling one another into a kiss. It was gentle, warm and filled with love. In the chilly air, comfort was all they needed and kissing definitely fulfilled their needs.