Chapter 16

They made it from the top floor to the bottom floor quite quickly.

There are demons swarming the place but Panuleon made sure none of them laid a finger on Corey.

When they approached a big, heavy looking door, Corey held onto the back of the angel's t-shirt as he could hear a lot of angry voices coming from the other side.

"Are you okay?" Panuleon whispered. The human looked tense.

"I'm fine, just a little nervous" He admitted. He really wanted to get out of the factory. The atmosphere was awful and the threat of violence was around every corner. He knew he couldn't leave without his parents, and he wouldn't.

"It's okay to be nervous," Panuleon said and took his hand. "Stay close."

They both turned to face the door.

But suddenly,

It swung open, inches away from hitting Panuleon in the face.

The room was big and it was filled with at least ten demons.

"I thought it was you" A big buff guy grinned, with eyes black as night. It was the man that had dropped Corey from the sky and the man Panuleon recognised as the leader. 

Corey glanced around, feeling his heart sink when there was no sight of his parents. He couldn't tell if he was pleased or disappointed. He just wanted to grab them and run.

"Where are his Parents?" Panuleon growled when he felt Corey grip his hand tighter.

The demons laughed nervously and it filled the air with tension.

"I see you've discovered your feelings for your pathetic human," He mocked as his eyes flickered to their hands.

Panuleon felt the anger boil inside of him.

"Answer my question," He said calmly, trying to keep the demons at bay. There were a lot and he knew it would be hard for him to protect Corey without him getting hurt.

"Not here," A smug voice said from the back.

They both looked to see someone stepping out from behind a big built guy.

Panuleon gasped, knowing that it was him who he could feel among the demons.

Corey looked at his shocked face and then back to the man. He wasn't dressed in black like everyone else. His clothes were similar to Panuleon's and his eyes were bright.

"Raphael" Panuleon muttered, making the man smirk.

"The one and only" He announced as his eyes scanned over Corey, making him feel uneasy.

"It's you who has been feeding the demons information? Why, is heaven not good enough for you?" Panuleon asked, almost feeling hurt.

Corey realised Raphael was another angel.

"Yes, and do you know why?" He asked. Panuleon glared at him with a cold expression. "Because you don't deserve to find your soulmate. Or in your case, that."

"He must be the one who looks down on humans as second class creations," Corey thought as Panuleon glanced at him, hearing his thoughts.

He was right, Raphael hated humans and would much rather run around with demons than be near gods creation.

He was a traitor, a back-stabber among angels.

"So I'm here to make sure the demons get what they want," Raphael said, taking another step closer.