Fallin' For You

PROLOGUE

___________________________________________________________
Jamie's P.O.V.

*THREE YEARS EARLIER.*

I was walking on the beach to meet my friends. I was wearing blue jean shorts and a green tank top with my blue bathing suit up under it. I passed many drunk kids on Spring Break. California was always busy. I was jealous of people who actually lived in the middle of no where.

Around this time of year, no one who lived around here came out. My friends and I were like the only ones. We liked seeing drama break out when people got drunk. It was amusing.

I dodged many volleyballs.

"Sorry," they would say running to retrieve the ball. Californians never said that it was OK. We just walked. Some tourists thought it was rude. It was quite funny.

I was about to be where Nicole wanted to meet me. Then, a football hit me in my shoulder.

"Oh my gosh, Rocky!" I heard a boy yell. A tall brown headed boy ran over. I knew who exactly he was. I was not about to let him know I knew who he was.

"How ya doing, Rocky?" he put his hand out. I blushed because I knew he was a flirt.

"Good, Jamie," I mocked, shaking hands.

"Sorry about that ball, Ryland cannot throw a football!" he laughed.

"It's fine," I said. Rocky smiled. He put his hand above his eyes to block the sun.

"Want to come hang out?" he asked. I was not about to turn that down. Nicole was always late anyway. I could see where she wanted meet me if she was over there. Rocky and I walked back over to the group of 5.

"This is Jamie everyone," Rocky announced. I waved.

"This is Ratliff, Rydel, Ross, Ryland, and Riker!" he pointed to each of them.

"Nice to meet ya!" I said. I was doing a good, but hard, job pretending I didn't know who they were.

"Where are y'all visiting from?" I asked.

"Colorado," Riker answered. Everyone laughed.

"Kidding, we are from Colorado, but we live here in California!" Riker laughed. I laughed.

"What about you?" Ratliff asked walking over to me.

"Born and raised in California!" I chirped.

"Me too!" he mocked. He slipped his arm around my shoulder. I playfully pushed them off.

"We were in the middle of playing football and Ryland threw the ball over and hit you!" Rocky laughed.

"Wha-" Ryland started to say. Ross shut him up by interrupting.

"He's clumsy," Ross said. I looked over for Nicole and still no sign.

"I'm tired of playing," Rydel said, taking off her pull over.

"Want to go swim, Jamie?" Rydel asked.

"Sure!" I answered. I took off my tank top and shorts. We walked into the water and Riker followed.

"Can I join?" he asked.

"Yeah," Rydel kind of said questionably. We swam for a while until Ratliff called Rydel out of the water. She said she would be back, but she talked to Ratliff and then went to the restroom. Riker and I were alone.

"Hey," he broke the silence. I smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Relaxing with the prettiest girl here," he said. He was defiantly cheesier than I thought. I bet Rocky rubbed off on him.

"Oh, really?" I asked. He nodded and went under water and came back up. It was hot outside. We were about waist deep in the water.

"Yeah." he smiled. Riker and I talked for a long time.  We ended up kissing.

"Ooh!" I heard from Ratliff and Ross. I blushed even though they were on the beach.

A month later, Riker asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course, I said yes.