Chapter 7

"I just want -"

"Emilia. Just fucking drop it." He growled.

We drove in silence until he parked in front of his house instead of his driveway.

I hopped out.

"You're not going home?" I ask as he rolls down his window.

"Nah, I'm gonna go fuck Dee."

Oh.

"Okay. Thank you for tonight."

"Umm, you're welcome." He says rolling up his windows. He drove off and I walking into my house and into my room.

"Emily?" My dad peeks from the kitchen.

"What are you doing up?" I ask him.

"Couldn't sleep." He shrugged, sipping on his coffee.

"Okay, well I'm heading to bed. You should too."

"Goodnight." He exits the kitchen and goes into the living room to go watch TV.

I changed into pajamas after I entered my room. I went into my bathroom, peed then brushed my teeth.

My phone started ringing on my bed, and I picked it up to answer it.

"Hello?"

It's Harry.

"Hi."

"Are you going to sleep?"

"I was planning to."

"Can I stay over tonight?"

"Um-"

"Please." He sounded so vulnerable.

"Uh, yeah okay."

"I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Ok."

I hung up and lied down on my bed, scrolling down tumblr on my phone.

From Harry:

I'm outside your window.

How do you not make that sound creepy?

I climbed off my bed and locked my bedroom door before opening the window.

"Hey." I smile shyly.

"Hi."

"Did you have sex with Brandy? Because if yo-"

"No, don't worry. And if I did. I would have showered and changed before coming here." He laughed.

He was wearing a white t-shirt instead of the black he was wearing earlier. He looked down at his clothing.

"These are pajamas." He reassured.

"Oh ok."

There was an awkward silence so I hopped in bed and pulled the blanket over my body.

I felt the bed dip and the blanket was shared.

I turned the lights off and it was quiet for a long time until he said:

"My mum died in a car accident. She was the only one out of 5 who died. That's when I failed the 10th grade. I was so busy stressing over my mum, I started to fail my classes. But I can't blame my mom, I'm not very intelligent. I wasn't never really good in school subjects. You know when you've been made fun of so much, you just stop trying? Yeah. That's, that's what happened. I'm not any smart." He started laughing.

"I hope you're asleep and didn't hear any of that. I just needed to say what's on my mind." He voice got low.

"Goodnight Emily." He lied down on his back.