chapter five

Wow this is my most popular story yet! I guess since there’s not a lot of Haku sister stories out there. Thank you fans for waiting so long and sticking with me. ^_^

Kiyoko’s pov

I wrapped the cloak tighter around my body. The cold nipping at my cheeks caused them to turn a slight red. The white flakes crunching under my feet. A feeling of uneasiness settled over me as I looked down at a small town.

After so many years I’ve returned to this nightmare.

My feet took each step with caution down the hill I was currently on. The closer I get to the place the more nervous I become. The village has certainly changed from when I was little. The people are more lively and cheerful. It reminded me of the leaf village in so many ways. But I  still need to be careful here. I’m not sure if they’ve cleared their law of the kekegenkai yet. This would be so much easier if I had Haku or master Zabuza with me.

The Executioner’s Blade and the two mist village headbands were placed inside a scroll in my kunai pouch. I didn’t want to attract too much attention to me in this place. A ninja in a small village like this is already a big deal. I don’t need to add on to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Welcome Leaf village ninja. We are honored to have you here.”

I bowed in respect to the leader of the Yuki village. It was the same man in charge when I was younger. Though the village is small we still had to have a leader. He was not at all what I expected him to be. A kind man with a pure smile sat on a cushion. He wore what you would think are royal clothes. He seemed harmless but even the purest of souls have a dark side. I haven’t forgotten this was the man who made the kekegenkai law.

“My dear are you sure you’ll be able to handle something so difficult? I mean you are just a child and they only brought one ninja? I hope your village isn’t do this on purpose.” He gave a disapproving look.

“I assure you this is no trick sir. My level of skill is that of a jonin’s and I can take down an army if need be.”

Besides, I have to succeed in this test if I’m ever going to start a new life.

“My my such a young girl and you talk like an old wise woman. Your intellect must be another reason your Hokage picked you.”

I nodded still in my crouched position. I lifted my head up to the leader and saw him smiling a kind smile.

“You will be staying here until your mission is completed. We do not know when Raiko will strike but we believe he will try something during the week. Our lives are in your hands young kunoichi.”

The last part just added to my nerves. I know doing this mission will be difficult. It might possibly be the most dangerous I’ve ever done. Having so many lives in the palm of my hand to protect, these are also the people who showed me the meaning of fear. It’s hard to protect something you are tense around.