Thirty one

May

Jake:

"Hurry up can't you see she's hurting?" Ema screamed at me from the back. "I know she is but you screaming isn't helping" i tried to drive faster. "Hurry up!" Ema screamed again. "I am!"

"Okay kids breath" I looked at mom. "Aren't you the one that's supposed to be doing that?" She nods. "But it seems you need it more".

We arrived at the hospital almost jumping out. Mom and Ema walked inside getting help from two nurses who had brought a wheelchair. I went to park the car.

Thinking back to a couple minutes prior I started to laugh.

We were the only ones at home since every one was us except mom, Ema and me. I was watching tv with Ema when mom called.

I walked in asking what was wrong when she told me her water broke, then when Ema walked in she kind of snapped me out of the shock. She screamed at me calling me stupid and other things I probably shouldn't mention for the sake of our relationship.

After getting in the car. Mom was calm and collected while we were a mess as you can see.

After this I hope I don't get to experience all of this again anytime soon.

I walked into the hospital and waited outside since mom had just gone into labor.

I called everyone and they rushed to the hospital. Andrew had run out of a date same with Alex who brought Sara along, since she's practically family. Aunt Marisa and uncle Jared were at home sleeping and I felt guilty for waking them up but I knew aunt Marisa wouldn't mind. Uncle Harry, Steve and Calum were on this family bonding trip so they couldn't be here till tomorrow. I called aunt Kara who said it was to late and she would also come tomorrow.

Last I called Elliot who was near the area and showed up fast. We ere on good terms now after all that had happened before Christmas so it was okay to invite him.

"Hey man" he said sitting next to me. "Sorry for calling so late". He shakes his head. "It's fine I had to escape that horrible date somehow" I nods. "Didn't go so well?" He smiled sadly. "Nope" I pat him on the back, then Ema walks out.

"Hey want to go meet the baby?"I nod and walk in trailing behind her with Elliot after. I walked in to see a baby girl in my moms arms. "Dad was right" I said remembering what he said when he passed. "He was" mom said and smiled.

"Can I hold her?" Mom handed her to me and I smiled. "Hey baby girl I'm your big brother Jake. Sorry dad couldn't be here to tell you but he said he loves you very much" a tear dropped down my mothers cheek. "I promise nothing bad will ever happen to you. Welcome to the family kid"

When everyone was finally here it was al smiles hugs and laughter.

Ema:

This is what family means. Yes I miss my mom very much and I would do anything for her to be here right now. These people who I only met eight or nine months ago are now my
Family and I wouldn't change it.

I don't regret anything that has happened and least of all falling in love with the gang leaders son.

__________________________

^_^