Eleven

Ema:

I was going to tell Jake that my mom had gotten out of the hospital but I couldn't tell him good news when he was so sad.

I hadn't told him until on dinner his mom asked. "She's actualy getting out tomorrow" she noded and continued eating.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Jake who's eyes were still red from crying. "Oh I wasn't going to bother you with my problems with all you have going on" I smiled weakly. "It's fine you should have told me".

________________________

Jake:

It's fine she didn't tell me because of all I've had to do this past couple of days, but I still I want her to trust me.

After diner everyone went to their rooms except me and Ema who stayed behind in the living room to talk.

"You okay?" she asked even though she knew the answer. "Nope" I shook my head not wanting to cry again. "But I have to be and so are you and your mom, okay?" she nods. We might just en friends but thanks to her I've gotten through these past days so now it's my turn to help her.

"So what are you going to do tomorrow?" She sighs. "I'm going back to the house I can't leave her there alone" "Why don't you move in with her, he doesn't know where this place is". She sighs. "What if he finds out?"

"I won't let anything happen to you or your mom" she nods. "Let's spend the night at the hospital so we can take her first thing in the morning" she nods and we leave.

When we got there her step dad was already gone so she stayed inside the room while I stayed outside.

When I woke up I couldn't breath when I opened my eyes. Ema's stepfather was trying to choke me.

"Wh...what..the....hell...do..you think you are doing" I said getting out of his hole and making him fall back.

"It's to late she's already dead" he says laughing as he walked out if the hospital. I walked into the room following the beeping and saw Ema's mom dead and Ema crying next to her as doctors rushed in. He's not gonna get away with this.

I ran out of the hospital and followed him. He probably knew I was following because he was walking through an alley.

"What are you gonna do about it pretty boy?" he said with an evil laugh wich made me punch him in the face. Soon I was taking out all my anger on him I could hear him grasping for air. "You son of a bitch who do you think you are taking away her mother like that!" I screamed tears falling from my eyes.

"You don't deserve to live" right then I took out my gun and did something I hadn't done in a long time I killed him. As he fell to the floor dead I just waked out of the alley putting my gun on the back of my pants.

I go in my car and drove back to the hospital where Ema was still crying on the floor of her mothers room. I walked to her and gave her a hug. No one will ever do this to her for aslong as I'm alive.

The hug was warm but I felt cold. My eyes showed no feeling as I held her. The only thing I had a reason to live for was her and my family and I will protect it till the end.