Pucker Up, Elle!

Miss Elle's Diary

Literally dying here on so many levels

At the swimming pool

So, we are in the pool, and all hell is about to let loose. We have somehow all ended up in the water, half naked—or in Harry’s case… completely naked. We are casually—well not really casually, unless it is casual to nearly drown—but you know…. Anyway, we are ‘casually’ splashing around in the water and then Louis, of course, has to go ahead and open his big mouth. “Ahhh! Harry, get off! Get your naked body away from me!” he squeals like a girl as Harry splashes him in the face. “The girls like it, but I don’t swing that way!” he yells over the sound of mine and Luce’s laughter.

At that moment, we hear a deep cough coming from the direction of the door.

“Oh balls…” Louis curses under his breath.

Harry laughs and Louis throws him ‘the look’ as we all turn around to see Mr. Fisher standing in the door way with the first formers lined up behind him. It’s fair to say he doesn’t look particularly pleased; in fact, I’d say he looks angry.

“What on earth do you think you are doing?” he booms.

Luce and I have no idea what we have gotten ourselves into. Never before have we been in this awkward situation, let alone being shouted out by one of our strictest teachers.

“You two girls, I do not expect this of you at all!” he carries on.

Luce and I look down at our feet—well as much of our feet as we can see in the swimming pool—okay, Luce and I look down at the water.

“All five of you, get to the heads office now!” Sir screams.

Harry climbs out first and dashes over to grab his towel and wrap it around him, but not before sir stops him in his tracks.

“What on earth do you think you are wearing?!” he shouts, but his face looks both worried and astonished. Which is a tad worrying.

“Well, technically sir, I’m not wearing anything!” he laughs. I can not believe he still manages to be totally witty and sarcastic even though he is about to be skinned alive. All the first form girls are squealing and pointing, giggling amongst themselves. Harry waves at them and winks. That sets them off again. Sir jumps in, before Harry can take his moves any further. “Fraternizing with our girls is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!”

“Oooh, they’re your girls ay?” Harry jokes.

Sir’s face is bright red and, if Harry doesn’t back off, I have a bad feeling that we will have to take a crucial trip to the school nurse. With Sir on a stretcher.

“Do me a favour!” Sir replies as he thrusts a towel into Harry’s arms.

“What kind of favour sir?” Harry says as he wiggles his eye brows. Luce giggles; if looks could kill, I would have just cremated her.

“PUT IT ON!” he booms again.

Harry wraps the towel around his waist as Liam and Louis help Luce and I out of the pool. Sir, thankfully, is to busy to notice what Luce and I are wearing. But it dawns on me that we will have to face a death sentence issued by Mrs Gallacher. I have never had detention and I do not intend to receive one. We wrap ourselves in towels as quickly as possible.

Sir points to the door and we all shuffle past silently and slip out into the corridor. The first form students are vibrating with laughter. As we pass, we hear one of the little boys murmur “You’re my hero!” to Harry. Harry bows to him, before I shove him out of the door and into the cold, open air.