Chapter 17

We walked back slowly, hand in hand. I had a great time, but I don't know why I felt so guilty. I skipped school, I shrugged and went with that.

Jeff drove us back to school just in time for last hour. I sighed and leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Thanks I had a great time.” I told him before opening the door and running to the door.

“wait Val.” He shouted behind me. I turned with a smile on my face.

“Huh?”

He ran to me, “You want to do it again sometime?”

I nodded. “I'd love too.” He smiled and leaned in. he gave me a peck and I pouted when he pulled away so fast.

He laughed, “Come on, do you want to be late?” He asked as I stood there staring at him. I rolled my eyes and he took my hand.

~~**~~

“Hey.” a husky voice said from behind me. My heart picked up and I dropped my books in surprise. He chuckled and I my face heated up. “here.” he handed me my books.

“Thanks.” I said avoiding eye contact, the guilt was back as I stared at his feet.

I turned around and began placing my books in the locker. I felt him next to me as he leaned up against the lockers. He pulled the locker door down flat against the others, so I couldn't hid my face in the locker.

“Why won't you look at me?” He asked. I glanced at him under my eye lashes fearing he would be angry but he looked worried or concerned. “did I do something wrong?”

“No.” I shook my head, “Avery...”

“Then what?”

“Hey. Whats going on?” Jeff asked wrapping his arms around me from behind. I closed my eyes I didn't want to see the look of betrayal on his face. I opened my eyes and he was staring at me with so much anger.

“Avery..” I whispered trying to step closer to him but Jeff pulled me back to him.

Avery glared at me shaking his head he chuckled hard running his fingers through his hair, turned around and walked away still shaking his head. I pushed Jeff's hands off me and ran after him.

“Avery please, let me explain.” I cried as I tugged on his arm. Tears were coming down my face, “Please.”

He shrugged my hand off and turned around to face me. “What is there to explain? Your with my freaking brother! That's great you know, real great, I hope you two are very happy together.”

“I didn't...”

“Leave it alone. I helped you, remember our deal? You were suppose to give me another chance.” He told me trying not to scream, we were in the parking lot and I felt tons of eyes on us already. “You know what deals off.”

“W-what?” I stuttered the tears still streamed down my face, I whipped them away quickly. “Avery please-”

“No. Pay me back by the end of the week.” He hissed before climbing in his car, I jumped out of the way as he backed up. He peeled forward leaving skid marks on the cement.

How was I going to come up with the money? The perfect day just turned horrible, I felt so guilt.

I should have never went on that date with Jeff.

Once again I ruined everything...