Go

It's been an uneventful one week since I got back from Tokyo. The routinely schedule of attending a noontime show, endorsement shoots, and events have taken my mind off from what went on in Tokyo.

I tried to forget how beautiful that night was, and how he, despite wanting so badly to kiss me, and how I wanted to kiss him back, decided not to push through with the kiss. A part of me wished his lips touched mine, and a part of me knows it would be a horrendously stupid idea how our kiss will turn out to be an empty one after that night. I left the next day for Manila, and I wasn't able to say my goodbye.

"Maine." My thoughts were cut off by my handler. "Pwede na daw umalis in ten minutes."

"Sige kuya! Salamat!" 

I ride my van, and I doze off immediately. I wake up, and I see that my dad had guests at home. Usually, when my dad feels lazy, he holds his meetings at home, and right now several cars are lined up outside our house.

I hear japanese conversations coming from our formal dining room, and my dad laughs with them. I peep, and an ounce of me wishes that Richard was there, too. Maybe, just maybe.

I peep, and no sign of him. All middle-aged Japanese men, my dad, and some of his business partners were having dinner, and someone taps my shoulder which frightened me.

"May hinahanap ka?"

"Nay?" I get her hand and draw it close to my forehead.

"May hinahanap ka, 'kako!"

"Wala po, Nay! Sumilip lang kung sino bisita." I said trying to mask the disappointment in my face.

She smirks, "Coleen tignan mo to si Meng oh! May hinahanap!"

"Wala nga po, Nay! Akyat na po ako." I tried to speak as courteously as possible to hide my annoyance.

"Uy bes, sobrang di mapinta yang fezlak mo. Umasa ka nandyan si Tisoy noh?" Coleen was definitely trying to push my buttons.

"Heh, ewan ko sa'yo. Pagod na ako, may shoot pa ako bukas."

"Sige, sabi mo eh." She and Nanay started laughing knowing that I was really annoyed. Tss, whatever.

I was about to go up the stairs, when the door of the powder room opened, and then the person came out. I stop dead in my tracks, and for the first time in a week, my heart flutters and my stomach turns into knots. Richard was right in front of me.

"Maine!" He called out.

"Hi," and then I blush.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Uhm, bahay ko 'to?" I said confused.

"I know, but your mom said you might be staying in your condo for the week. I'm surprised to see you here."

"And you, too. I'm surprised to see you here." I said nonchalantly. For some reason, I felt irritated.

Irritated at the fact that he couldn't have called or let me know that he was coming to Manila. I had to find him in my house, and no one bothered to tell me he was here.
Relax, self.

As if reading my thoughts, he speaks up, "It was a last minute meeting. Contract signing. My boss wanted to make sure everything was a done deal before the month ends. Just arrived three hours ago, and we headed straight here."

"Ahh.."

"I was thinking of messaging you, but things got so busy and my phone died at the airport."