Three

A.N The chapters will be in Ashley's P.O.V unless it says otherwise.

---------------------------------

"Agent Gomez" An English accent called from the door. I turned and saw my good friend Peggy Carter. She was the one who trained me into the Agent I am today. "The new soldiers are here" She smiled. I nodded and wiped my skirt before following Peggy outside. Me and Peggy would basically train the new recruits so they could go on to harder stuff later.

As we walked we passed many soldiers that were higher in rank and nodded to them. We then saw a line of soldiers that were obviously ours.

"Recruits attention!" Peggy shouted and all the recruits stomped their foot. A man was now behind us with boards with a form to the recruits to sign. "Gentlemen, I am Agent Carter, and this is Agent Gomez. We supervise all operations for this division." She announced as I helped the guy hand out the clipboards. I then came across a slimish man that was smaller than me. He had his head down making me bend to get a look at his face.

"Steve?" I whispered and he looked up smiling.

"Hey Ashley" He whispered back. "I'm in the army. Isn't this great?" I didn't know what to think. Yes I have told him to do what he wants but now he's actually here, I'm worried for him.

"How did you get here?" I whispered but he didn't answer as i heard Peggy having a little trouble with a recruit. Not another one.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" He asked in a Boston accent. "Thought I was signing up for the U.S army." And he's one of those huh? 

"What's your name soldier?" She asked and he smirked at her.

"Gilmore Hodge. But you can call me Gil" He said before winking. 

"Step forward Hodge" She said and he smirked stepping forward. "Put your right foot foreword." He put his right foot foreword.

"We gunna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like" The next thing I knew, Peggy had punched him in the face, making him fall back onto his arse. The other recruits laughed, including Steve and I. I felt my tummy go funny at his smile. What the hell?

"Agent Gomez, Agent Carter." I heard Colonel Phillips shout behind up making me and Peggy salute.

"Colonel Phillips." We both said before we put our hands down.

"I can see you are breaking in the candidates. That's good. Get your ass up off the dirt." He said to Hodge and he quickly got up on his feet.

"Nice work." I whispered into her ear.

"Thanks." She nodded.

"And stand in that line at attention till somebody comes tells you what to do." Colonel Phillips told the rude recruit. Surely he's not going to mess with the Colonel.

"Yes, sir!" That's more like it.

Colonel Phillips then started pacing up and down the line. "General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons, but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men." He said before glancing over at Steve. He then looked to an oldish guy next to me then went back to pacing. I smiled at the guy and he smiled back. "And because they are going to get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an Allied effort, made up of the best minds in the free world. Our goal is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man. At the end of this week, we will choose that man. He will be the first in a new breed of super-soldiers" Wait super what?

"And they will personally escort Adolf Hitler to the gates of hell." Will they? He then nodded to the recruits making them and us salute before he went to leave.