Five

Nathaniel's eyes widened at Demi's words,his body on the verge of trembling in utter disbelief. How was this possible? How were they being trailed? Yes,Nathaniel had become quite weakened due to remaining in such a crippled state on earth. But he couldn't fathom the fact they were being followed. Since he was given custody of Morah,Nate had done everything in his power to keep them off the radar. To the extent of even keeping the two of them secluded in order to ensure absolute protection from.being detected. And yet according to Demi all of his efforts had been in vain. They had found them,and most of all they had found Morah. Nathaniel bit his bottom lip as he struggled with his words. "That's not possible,I've used every trick in the book. Every charm,every spell. I've even cloaked us from being found with magic."Nathaniel stated,his once calm demeanor now almost dissipating into one that Demi had not seen since the day they were forced from Heaven. Panic.

In Nathaniel's mind he had failed. He had failed his mission given to him personally by one of the "Kings of Hell". He had failed in his promise to the mother of Morah who begged him for his assistance. Begged him to take Morah from her loving arms and give her a life that she could no longer give. With such a heavy burden Nathaniel was sure that he could keep her safe,but now he wasn't too sure of himself. If what Demi said was true, "They" could be knocking on their door at any moment. "You no longer have only 'Them' looking for you. Now you have a whole coven of witches. Who have dedicated their very lives to finding you and ending 'The Abomination'. " Demi informed as she took a sip of her drink all the while keeping eye contact with the visibly shaken Nathaniel. "Abomination". That is what 'They' called Morah. Hell even fellow Fallens would often refer to the rumored child Morah as "Abomination". And why? It wasn't because of just who she was. Oh no, it had to deal with what she was. A cancer. A single against God that even he could not fathom. The very exsistence of Morah was infact a danger to Heaven,Hell,and Man. But it was not her fault.

It was not her fault that she was such a creature. Such a devastating beauty that could make a man tremble at a mere glance. It was not her fault that she held such an enormous amount of both power and potential within her that could possibly one day rival God himself. And that was what God did not want. He did not want anyone especially a creation that he himself did not sanction as normal to rise above him. As they say in the bible "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God". And as such he was indeed jealous and does not want anyone to even think of bowing to anyone but him. For he is the Alpha and Omega. But to those that have Fallen from Grace. To those who grovel on the soil of Earth. For those who wish for someone to right the wrongs of the world. They may one day look to someone besides God. And that cannot be tolerated.

On impulse Nathaniel rose to his feet,before storming out of the presence of his fellow "Fallen". He had to get back to her. He had to return to Morah's side in order to ensure her safety. At that moment nothing else mattered but Morah. Not even his promise to Demi which he intended to keep. But right now was not the time. Nathaniel had to keep Morah out of 'Their' clutches no matter the cost. "You cannot win this Nathaniel!"Demi called out to him in an annoyed filled tone. Hoping he would cease his actions. But he did not. Now completly ignoring Demi's words of reason Nathaniel continued his decent into darkness,which would surely end with his death. Gritting her teeth Demi slammed down her shot glass,all the while grabbing her coat and running after Nelchael. She was not about to let him risk his life for this fabled "Abomination Child".

"Damn it Nelchael,is all this really worth it?! This girl will be the death of you!"Demi exclaimed angrily before roughly grabbing Nathaniel by his shoulders,forcing him to look her in the eye. "Is this what you really want? To die?"Demi choked out,now unable to hide the fear and concern in her voice. She was scared. Scared for Nathaniel, and scared for herself. Nate's stern gaze softened as he tenderly caressed Demi's right cheek,causing her to cease her constant shuddering. "She is worth it,she is the key to our retribution Demiliel. I swear it."Nathaniel stated,his voice filled with so much resolve it moved Demi to tears. She found herself blinking away tears,now realizing that Nate was adamant about this. Which meant that he would not be deterred from saving the girl.