“It’s not that hard! She loves you,” glared Dai.

  “Then, why don’t you ask Saika out? She loves you. Besides, Mizuki only likes me as a friend and I don’t want to ruin that.”

  “Did she ever tell you she loves you?”

  “Yes, lots of times”, I shrugged. “But it’s as a friend, I assume.”

  “You idiot! You Dipshit! You asshole! It means the girl loves you! Ask her the hell out!” shouted Dai.

  “Can you two keep your voices down?” commanded Mizuki, turning around. “What are you talking about anyways?”

  “You,” answered Dai flatly. Panic rising, I kicked Dai under the table to shut him up.

  “Haha! Dai you are so hilarious!” replied Mizuki, monotonously and then turned back around.

  “Phew, that was close,” I exhaled.

  “What the hell?!” Dai reacted to the kick by raising his voice at me.

  “Oh yeah, next time, keep your voice down,” I glared at him.

  “I won’t have to raise it in the first place if you just asked her out!”

  “What about Saika and you?” Sighing, Dai looked at me.

  “I have a solution. It is a bit hypocritical of me to tell you to ask someone out when I can’t take my own advice so I’m going to be like a role model to you. Can you agree on this? If I ask Saika out, you have to ask Mizuki out too. Deal?”

  “Fine. Deal,” I said, being encouraged to prove to Dai, that I wasn’t a coward. “So, when are you going to ask Saika out?”

  “This evening,” smiled Dai. A slight smile formed on my lips as I imagined Saika’s shocked face in my head. She is going to thank me forever.

 ***********************************************************************************************************

    “Guess what I persuaded Dai to do?” I whispered, in Mizuki’s ear. Her body was lying on Ikuto’s bed, her face buried into a text book. Ikuto was no where in sight and the rest of my dorm was deserted; Mizuki and I were completely alone. Twisting her head, she gazed at me with her lovely, almond-coloured eyes.

  “What?” she questioned, sitting up and a soft smile playing on her lips.

  “Come on, I’ll show you.” Taking her hand, I pulled her off Ikuto’s bed.

  “What are you doing?” interrupted Ikuto, suddenly appearing, he’s emerald eyes watching my hand on Mizuki’s.

  “Nothing. Mizuki and I were just about to go for a walk,” I answered.

  “But we have that project to work on,” said Ikuto to Mizuki. A slight anger started to build up inside of me. Who the hell did he think he was? Is the thought of Mizuki spending a few minutes with me so hard to bear? Impatiently, I waited for Mizuki to negotiate with Ikuto that they could do the project some other time.

  “Sorry Akemi,” said Mizuki, apologetically, giving me an answer I didn’t expect. “What did you want to show me?”

  “Nothing,” I replied, clenching my fists as she settled back down on her bed. “I just thought you might be excited to see Saika, after Dai asks her out.”

  “What?” asked Mizuki, in bewilderment.

  “It doesn’t matter. I thought it would be nice to congratulate them but you’re busy so I’ll go alone.” Immediately, Mizuki knelt on the bed and grabbed my arms, so that I was focusing on her and feeding her more information.