chapter 14: blue like i never knew

I held the box in my hand. I was going to do it. A giggle of excitement spread through me as I opened the box. This was something I had been wanting to do since I found out I could do it. I took out everything in the box and looked for the white square paper.

"Here we go", I breathed and unfolded the paper. It was time for some change.

•••

Luke's POV:

It was just another boring Saturday. The Michael and Calum were playing video games in the loft. A frequent "fuck" from Calum and a "oh shit" from Michael would be heard. Ashton was out with his girlfriend, Jeanie, being all cutsie and couple-y.

I still hadn't told the boys about me and Macy. I didn't want to feel like rushing things, so I was gonna wait a while.

In the corner of my room, I spotted an old guitar my dad had given me when I was ten. It was my birthday and he had told me, "Son, when you get older, you're gonna let things go. You're gonna stop playing on your DS. You're gonna stop thinking about your parents and your future, and think about girls. But son, don't ever forget about music."

But I failed my dad. I had forgotten. After he died when I was 13, I became a reclouse. I stayed inside all day. I sat in my room and wrote. And wrote. And wrote. I wrote to my dad. How I was mad he left me. I was hoping for an answer, or a sign, but ofcourse that never came. I remember sitting there in my room and saying, "Luke, this is stupid. He is dead." and the more I thought about that, the more I realized it was true.

So I started going back to school. Eventually, I met Calum when I accidentally elbowed him in the face in maths. He introduced me to Michael, who I had hated in second grade for spilling his paint on my artwork, but he wasn't bad. Then I got teased for wearing glasses and Ashton stood up for me. We've been mates since then.

I hadn't touched my guitar since my dad gave it to me. Sure, I had listened to music, but never played any.

I walked over to it, and picked it up. Sitting on the edge of my bed, I strummed some strings. I hadn't played in a while, so I was rusty.

"Pretty little lady

with the swollen eyes

won't you show them to me"

I sang. The strumming became easier and the so did the singing.

Next to me, I saw my phone light up. Macy had texted me to come over so I set my guitar down and headed out.

It was getting colder outside which ment I wouldn't be able to go into the water for some while. The day after my dad died, I felt so lost, so I had sneaked out of my house and gone to the beach. It was a cold, cloudy day, and no one was there. With out thinking, I ran into the ocean. The waves crashed against me as I swam through them. I knew I could die, but I didn't really care at that time. Soon, my tears and the sea spray on my body became one. I couldn't tell the difference. My arms started becoming tired, and I had thoughts of going back to the beach, but then I remembered that I didn't care.

But then, believe it or not, I saw my dad. In the ocean. With me. He was smiling as he swam closer to me. There was a sparkle in his eyes, almost as if he looked happy to be dead.

"Son, go home." My dad held my shoulders as I struggled for air. I was seeing dead people. But even if I was just seeing things, I was only 13. The world has much more to offer to me. So I went home.

I arrived at Joe's and let myself in. The restraunt was closed, but the bar was open. A few men sat there, drinking their beers and looking lonely. My long legs ran up the stairs, skipping a few like I did when I was a child.

"Macy?" I hollered.

"In here!" a voice from the bathroom replied.

"Hey Macy what's ––". My voice stopped. In front of me stood Macy, sheepishly grinning.

"You.... your hair... it's ", I choked out.

"Blue." we said at the same time. I stepped closer to her and touched the blue locks for myself. They were soft and different shades of blue. In some areas, there was some green.

"Do you like it?" She rocked back and forth slightly on her toes as my fingers trailed through her hair. I pulled her in for a hug.

"I love it", I whispered into her newly blue hair. She pulled away from the hug so that she could see my face. A huge grin was plastered over her face and her eyes sparkled like never before.

"It's like the ocean", she stated.

I grinned and brought my lips to hers. It was a small and short kiss. I didn't want to move too fast.

"Like the ocean"

a/n : whale that took a long time

oh yay shes blue. I wanna be blue.

thanks for the votes guys! :)

comment or die

no I kid.

but pls comment

and follow me! ill follow back ♥♥ #thirstyass