chapter 7; ocean adventure

It was my lunch break and I did what I always did on my lunch break; go surfing. I zipped on my wet suit, grabbed my board and headed out. The warm sand touched my feet and made my toes curl. I stopped and inhaled the smell of the ocean. Then I ran into the water.

It was colder than usual. This signaled that the winter was coming. Three months without surfing aka the winter was my least favorite time of the year.

-------------------------------------------

I was getting out of the water when I heard someone call my name. It was Luke and he was coming in my direction.

"Hey Macy! Are you busy right now?", Luke asked.

"Uh I was just on my lunch break, but I have a few minutes to spare", I replied.

"Great! Let's go", Luke said as he grabbed my hand and started to walk towards the dock.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"Cal and I bought tickets for a boat ride but that little fucker ditched me and I cant just let them go to waste.", Luke said.

I nodded my head understandingly.

We reached the dock and went to stand in line for the Concordia. The boat was more like a ship and had two stories.

Luke handed the ticket master two tickets and nervously smiled at me. I flashed a smile back and entered the boat. You had a choice to sit inside and look through the window, or be in the open and witness the ocean on a personal level.

"Lets sit outside", I whispered to Luke. He smiled and we took a seat outside.

A voice boomed over the intercom "WELCOOOMMME TO THE CONCORDIA OCEAN TOURS!!! PLEASE FIND A SEAT MY NAME IS MANDIE AND I WILL BE YOUR TOUR GUIDE."

The boat/ship started moving away from the dock. After a while it picked up speed and I felt the wind rush through my hair. I heard some noises coming from Luke and I turned around to find the wind blowing my hair is his face.

"I'm so sorry!", I said as I pulled my hair back into a pony tail. Luke weakly laughed.

I looked to the ocean and saw something moving in the water.

"Look! A dolphin!", I cried.

I held onto the side of the boat and intently watched the dolphin as it swimmed so sleekly through the water.

"You sure like dolphins", Luke said.

"Oh and you don't ?", I shot back, glancing at Luke (who was looking at me)

"There's nothing wrong with dolphins, I just prefer penguins.", Luke said.

"Okay then penguin boy", I said, giving Luke a small shove and diverted my gaze back to the water.

The dolphin was gone, but that didn't stop me from staring at the water. People always told me that the water was just blue because of the sky, but I know that's not true. The sky wasn't this deep blue of a color. Nor did it have streaks of green.

The water had an effect on me like no other. I was suddenly urged to touch the water. I leaned forward, holding onto the railing and right before I touched it, I fell forward and into the water.

The last thing I heard was Luke shouting my name.

a/n: hihihi dun dun duuuuhhh

it's winter break so ill be updating more. the next chapter will be in Luke's pov. this wont happen often but ...

don't forget to vote and comment and check out my Michael fic !:) #lacy4ever