Chapter 2 - What Just Happened?

Gem Moralle

Chapter 2 - What Just Happened?

I stepped out from the school building, the lite wind smacking my face. I felt relieved it was Friday. I could really use some time off from school. As I stepped out, there was one person I was looking for; Jesse. A lot of people were outside talking or goofing around, making it harder for me to find Jesse. I had to ask him if he wanted to come to my place for dinner. 

I looked around until I finally found the black-haired boy. He was talking to some of his friends standing nearby a tree. I didn't know if I should go there and interrupt their conversation. After a moment of competing with myself, I decided to go up to him. What is the worst that can happen? 

I started walking towards them, hoping they're almost done with their conversation that seemed to last forever. Jesse turned around and looked at me, but still continuing his conversation. His friends saw me too but didn't say anything. I stood there sheepishly waiting for them to be done, Jesse sounded like he was hurrying the discussion. 

They finished quickly, saying their goodbyes. Jesse's friends, who I think names are Ashton and Leo, smirked at him as they looked back and forth from me and Jesse. I knew right away what they were thinking. 

Typical boys, I thought to myself. 

"We'll be leaving you two," Ashton said, if that was his name. He was shorter than Jesse but taller than Leo. I heard a few people talk about them, that his how I know their names. 

They walked away, still smirking, leaving Jesse and I alone. "Hey Eva," he said as me and him started to walk home. 

"Hey," I said remembering what I had to tell him, "do you want to come over my place today? Have dinner, hang out or whatever? My mom would love to see you," I said. 

A smile spread across his face. Even if he looked like a bad boy, he still had the same lovable smile. "Okay that would be fun," he said. 

He brushed his hair, messing it up a bit making him look a bit younger. He was quite a pretty boy. The way his face was formed was perfect. There was something about him that made me stare at him. I don't know if it is his smile or bright eyes, he looked honest and sincere. His eyes shined bright as the sun hit them. They were full of life and real. 

We walked past the same houses from the day before. I took out my keys when we reached my house. Jesse was behind me, he looked some what nervous. I knew my mom was going to be home since she comes home early on Friday. As we entered my house I told Jesse to take off his shoes at the door. Mom's rules. 

Once my mother heard us, she came out of the kitchen and hugged Jesse. She was always a friendly person .

"Look how much you grown!" She exclaimed, "it's nice seeing you again. It's been so long!" 

"It's nice seeing you again Mrs. Stevenson," he smiled. 

"Oh call me Mary," she said. 

Blake stepped into the room, probably wondering who was here. When he laid his eyes on Jesse his face immediately turned cold. He gave him a long hard look before saying something. "You're Jesse right?" His voice serious. His brotherly protective side was showing. "Nice to see you again." Blake knew him from when we were younger. I don't get why he has to treat him like that. 

Jesse looked a little uncomfortable by the way Blake was staring at him. "Nice to see you again too," he said sheepishly. 

My mom had already left to cook dinner, so it was only Blake, Jesse, and I. You can feel the tension between Blake and Jesse. No one was saying a word so I decided to save the day. "Well me and Jesse are going to go to my room." I said grabbing Jesse by the wrist. Blake didn't say anything as I dragged him into my room. I closed the door shut after we entered my room. I sat on the green carpet floor patting the area next to me, telling Jesse to sit.