Finding My Mate [7]

As usual, the rumor mill had worked its magic and by the next lesson everyone knew that I'd slapped Sierra, or close enough anyways. It was really embarrassing and I just wanted it to die down, every second I was questioned by girls who were either disgusted with the fact that I'd slapped 'Sierra' or cheering me on because I'd slapped 'Sierra'.

"You're like a legend now," Chloe turned to me excitedly as we entered the Lunch Hall. " I can't believe you slapped Sierra." 

"I kind of wish I didn't though." I mumbled. "I mean, yeah, it felt really good to wipe that smug grin off her face but everyone's talking about it and I feel bad."

"What?" Chloe stopped me and grabbed me by the shoulders. "She slapped you first! You had to slap her back, don't feel bad! I would've loved to have done it." Chloe planted her tray on an empty table and I plopped down next to her.

"I just want everyone to forget about it, I mean everyone's either congratulating me or hating me for doing it. Can't they just leave me alone?" I said jumping as Blake and his friends crowded the table.

"Hey, mind if we join you?" Blake asked. 

"Erm... Do I know you? No, so get the fu-" I cut through her and nodded. "I sat with them yesterday when you ditched me for Marcus." 

"I did not ditch you!" She protested, folding her arms. 

"You did." I warned.

"Not!"

"Did!"

"Not!"

"Did!"

"Okay, fine I did! Yes you can sit-" Chloe said but they were already seated. 

"So, how's your day been?" Blake asked, Chloe raised a questioning eyebrow as he slung his arm over my shoulders. 

"Great, you know the usual, I slapped Sierra," I shrugged, grinning at him slightly. But I could still feel the guilt spreading in my chest. Maybe it would be better if I apologized?

Blake coughed. "Hey, I was thinking we could go to see a movie this Saturday?" He offered, his cheeks going slightly pink. Chloe signaled a silent thumbs up and I heaved a breath. "As friends." He added at the end. 

"Sounds good," I shrugged, trying to avoid eye contact. I quickly glanced at Noah who was no longer seated next to Sierra but on another table now, with some guys from my Chemistry class, they all looked the same, dark hair, tanned skin, tall and well built Noah sat in the centre, leading the conversation but his eyes were boring into mine. My heart speeded up as he wouldn't look away, I could hear the same intense growling as yesterday but I ignored it. Maybe he was staring at something behind me? I quickly turned behind but when I returned to look at him, he was no longer there. 

*_*_*

"That new guy, Noah - You've got a thing for him, don't you?" Chloe nudged me as we made our way to our next class. I glanced at Sierra who if looks would kill, I would be slumped on the floor, dead right now. As soon as she caught sight of me she and her five other followers approached me, their heels clacking. Gosh, don't they know that noise is annoying?

"So, I was deciding about what happened earlier and I thought it was completely out of place - " She said, repositioning herself and smoothing out her skirt. Wait, was she apologizing to me? Before I got to ask she continued. "You do not just publicly humiliate me like that." Right, I see now, she's expecting my apology. " Especially in front of you-know-who," She paused, glancing around before pulling me beside, leaving Chloe and the followers to themselves. "Noah, didn't sit with me today, did you know that, he didn't, probably because he knew that I could take slaps from losers like you!" She whimpered slightly. 

"Listen Sierra, I'm sorry, truly, I didn't expect myself to do that, it was kind of a reflex. And don't worry about Noah, I'm pretty sure he's not interested in me, and also to let you know, he didn't sit with me at Lunch either, if that's what you're wondering." I said, kind of regretting the fact that I was apologizing to her. 

"I don't accept your apology, but at least I know you're sorry and I won't have to do anything you'd really regret." She sniffed and turned her heel to march away but then she changed her mind. "The only way I'll accept your apology is if you swap partners with me in English and leave Noah alone, don't talk to him, don't look at him." She said, casting a venomous glare at me. 

"Listen, Sierra, I've apologized, so I know that now I've done nothing wrong. I don't need you to accept my apology. And Noah didn't want to be partners with you, I asked him if he wanted to swap, you saw him say he didn't want to be partners with him, so unfortunately for the rest of my English classes I will have to talk to Noah." I snorted at her before walking away.

"You will regret it." She warned before walking in the opposite direction. 

To be honest, I didn't care.