Chapter 2

Charlotte's P.O.V

"Awww isn't this sweet. I thought I told you to stay in your room." I didn't have to open my eyes to see who's voice that belonged to.

"It's time to go to school. Wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by the sun beaming through the window. I looked down and saw the little angel in my arms, she looked so peaceful. I didn't want to wake her up but I knew I had to. I gently shook her awake and whispered in her ear, "Let's go little one, it's  as school day."

She tossed and turned before she opened her eyes. She looked up at me with her big grey eyes and was about to start a fight. It's the same one we have every school morning. But before she could say anything I spoke, " Don't you start Ania. I know you don't want to go but you have to. You don't have a choice."

Thankfully she just got up and started to get ready without saying a word. I got up and went to my room to get ready. I got washed and dressed. I wore my staple outfit, a long sleeve shirt, leggings and my low top converse. No matter what season it is I always wear a long sleeve shirt, so people don't see my scars. I mean don't get me wrong I don't care if they did because I would just tell them that I don't want to talk about it. But it's for those people , and my mother, who would see them and think I'm just doing it for attention. I grabbed everything I needed and went downstairs. My sister and mother were sitting at the kitchen table. My mother didn't speak a word to Ania, she just sat there drinking her coffee while she was on her phone. The family feel was absent and the only thing you'd probably feel is cold, like there was two girls and a stranger. My sister glanced up at me and I nodded my head towards the front door as a signal for her to move her butt. So she quickly finished up, grabbed her stuff and dashed to the front door. Just as I turned to walk away the strangers mouth started to move and soon words were coming out of it.

"I need you to go to the grocery store for me after school. I only need apples and bananas. I will be home at four, I expect you to be here by then." After she said that she refocused on her previous task and I just walked out the front door, slamming it behind me. My sister and I walked to her school first, it was only five minutes away so it wasn't so bad. We kicked rocks back and fourth and we just talked about the most random things. From what Ania was learning in school to why do we think the sky is blue. Hearing her answer makes me smile, she thinks that birds paint it on, I know it doesn't make any sense but to and eight year old it does, I'm glad that she can have moments like these, she deserves to be a kid and have her imagination run wild. Once we got to the gate to the playground of her school she turned around and looked up at me.

"Lottie I don't wanna go. Please don't make me go."

"You have to go and you know that. I told you why school is important. So chin up kid and go inside." My heart hurt seeing her walk through those gates. It's the same thing everyday. I watch her walk to the wall and sit down. She doesn't have friends, how can she if she's not allowed to go to birthday parties or have play dates. These kids just look at her and whisper. They whisper about how she is weird and they make fun of how she never talks. I shake my head and walked away, I couldn't watch it anymore. I walk the fifteen minutes to my school alone. My head filled with thoughts, each one worse then the last. When I get to school I get my books from my locker and head to class, like my sister I don't have any friends. I don't want to make any because what's the point in having them if I can't go out. Having no friends is so lonely but I would rather be alone then having people think that I'm just some weird girl who doesn't want to go out or doesn't want to talk to them when we're not in school. The bell rings and my favourite class starts. English, the class where magic happens. It's the only place where I can pretend to live a life I wish I had and I can only achieve it in this class because he magic happens through books. Now I know what you're about to say, that some of these books don't have the ending that I want, I know that. But sometimes it's not about the ending of the book but more the middle. It's the adventure that I crave, not necessarily getting the ending. As the teacher does his thing, the door opens to a frantic boy. His blond hair is sticking up in all directions and papers are falling out of his hands. He quickly apologies to the teacher and rushes to his seat. Which happens to be beside me, I pick up a paper that landed next to my foot and put it on his desk. He turned to me and opened his mouth but closed it and turned to face the teacher. The rest of the day was a blur, as per usual. I walked to my sisters school so absorbed in my thoughts. It was like there was a hurricane that was happening in my head.

"Lottie can we go to the park today?" I looked down at my sister and closed my eyes for a second. If there was an award for worst sister ever I swear I would win it.

"I'm sorry sweet pea but I got to go to the grocery store."
"How about after that?"
"I'm not sure." She looked to the ground and started to walk, I hated to see her so disappointed so I added.
"If we have time after we can." At the sound of this she perked up, I fell into step with her and together we walked to the store while I listened to her talk about how much she didn't want to go to school.

__________________________

Please vote and comment <3