Sixty Seven. Found and Lost Again

A/N: The song in the mediabox is Can't Go Back Now by The Weepies.

I also want to share with you this lovely fan art by @_itz_da_feelz. Thank you, love it's gorgeous!!! You're so talented!

 Thank you, love it's gorgeous!!! You're so talented!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I slowly came through from what felt like an incredibly deep sleep. I raised my hand to rub my eyes and winced a little at the throbbing headache I was catering. My eyes roamed around the unfamiliar setting, and my brows creased in confusion. The room was almost a mirror of one in the local hospital, but there were obvious differences. One being how completely bare this room was.

Slowly, I sat up in the stiff hospital bed and yawned widely. I sat in a confused state for a bit, trying to untangle the thoughts in my head. The last thing I remembered was Aidan dragging my hysterical and slightly deranged self into the hospital. I went ahead and assumed they drugged me seeing as I had no recollection of anything after that aside from being poked with an incredibly sharp needle.

I started a bit when I saw movement in the corner of my eye, but relaxed just as quickly when I saw that it was just a nurse standing near the door.

"Hi, Demi," she smiled warmly.

My fingers twitched at the patronizing voice she had immediately taken up with me. I wasn't seven nor was I crazy so the tone wasn't necessary.

"Hello," I said shortly. "Umm...am I in the....?"

"The hospital," she answered promptly. "How are you feeling?"

I leaned back on my pillows and combed my fingers through my hair. "Like my head is about to implode."

"That can sometimes happen after being heavily sedated."

"Heavily sedated?"

She nodded. "Yes, you were a little...hysterical. I'll call the doctor in for you now that you're up."

"Okay," I said a little warily.

The nurse opened the door and stepped halfway out of the room to converse with whoever was on the other side. She was quick with whatever she said to whomever she said it to, and stepped back in, turning her full attention back on me.

I shifted uncomfortably under her stare and looked to the other side of the room. I was a little confused as to why the nurse hadn't physically gone to get the doctor, like nurses usually did, and then it dawned on me where I was and why this part of the hospital was familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

I was in the psychiatric ward on suicide watch.

So I guess me being crazy was official.

I shut my eyes briefly, remembering the short period of time I spent in the ward almost two years ago when I overdosed on appetite suppressants. It was not a pleasant week spent there as I had someone breathing down my neck everyday. I couldn't even pee in privacy for fear I would strangle myself with toilet paper or something, and that was just because of an accidental overdose. They would probably not only keep me here for longer, but I would have someone at my side for every single second of the day.