Thirty Nine: Part 2. Good Luck Love

A/N: The quote in the mediabox is by @JuneMidnight and so is the stunning new cover. Show praise where praise is deserved.

Why Try by Ariana Grande is in the mediabox. Such a beautiful song that goes perfectly with this chapter.

"We've been living like Angels living like Devils."

~~~~~~~~~

I watched as the redhead used a golden tube to reapply her bright red lipstick.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine," I smiled weakly. "I'm just...I've got some stuff going on right now. No big deal."

"Ah," she nodded, the blue eyes that were fixed on her own reflection in the mirror wandered over to me. "Boy problems?"

"Um yeah," I averted my gaze and ran my fingers through my hair. "It's petty stuff real-"

"Let me guess," she smacked her lips together and snapped the lid back on her tube before dumping it in her purse. "You're into some guy who isn't into you?"

I turned my head to look at her, slightly surprised. "How'd you know?"

"I know that tortured sigh anywhere," she gave me a sympathetic smile. "It wasn't too long ago I was in your exact shoes."

"Yeah?"

She nodded. "Oh, yeah. I was head over heels in love with this guy for the longest time ever, and he, being the asshole he was, kept friendzoning me. It was awful. Honestly. The worst feeling in the world, and it's not like I wasn't being completely obvious with him, you know?"

I nodded. "What did you do?"

"Well, I mean if he didn't see me the way I saw him, I was kind of fighting a losing battle," she shrugged.

"So...you gave up?"

"Oh hell no," she shook her head causing her red curls to bounce. "I kept fighting like Hell itself. He was really a fine piece of ass."

A hysterical giggle passed my lips, and she grinned at me.

"Are you positive this guy isn't into you?" She looked me over. "Because you're really hot. I can't see why on Earth he wouldn't be."

"Thank you," I blushed. "I mean, he says he isn't into me."

"Guys say a lot of things," she put a hand on her hip and gave me a look. "Eighty five percent of it is complete bullshit."

"Yeah, but he is really insistent about this platonic relationship," I sighed. "Every word out of his mouth is friends."

"Sounds more like he's trying to convince himself that than you," she turned to the mirror and fluffed her hair. "Maybe he has some commitment issues. Girls aren't the only ones who are afraid of getting fucked over, you know."

"Yeah...," I chewed on my lower lip.

Redhead snapped her purse shut and, and turned to hold out her hand to me. "Scarlett."

I shook her hand and smiled. "Demi."

"It was nice to meet you, Demi. I'm really glad you happened to be my bathroom buddy tonight. Last time I got stuck with this crazy forty year old who would not shut up about her ten cats," she shuddered. "It was awful. If I never hear about litter boxes and cat shampoo again it'll be too soon."