Chapter 5 - Puzzle Pieces

Chapter 5 – Puzzle Pieces

I had been sitting on the floor for a good couple of hours with the note scrunched up tight in my fist.

I didn't even know what to think of it, first of all I thought 'great, I have a stalker' but as I thought more into it I linked it back to what the men said in the kitchen about someone ordering a princess.

Was I the princess?

I then shook my head, I'm not a princess, mom would have told me if I was but why would someone call me princess?

"Clara?" I heard a light knock on the front door.

I ignored it and scooted further away from the door.

"Clara? It’s Ben. Let me in please."

I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone who was involved in this, it wasn't what happens in life. You’re meant to graduate, go to college, uni, get a job, meet the person you want to marry and spend your life with them having a happy family until you grow old. Not get kidnapped by a gang and kept hostage in an apartment.

"Clara, I'm kicking the door down if you don't answer because if you’re not in there then I'm going to be castigated by your dad."

I felt bad on Ben, he wasn't actually part of the people who are currently holding me captive, his actually here to look out for me. I got up and opened the door slowly.

"Thank fuck for that" he sighed as he pushed his way past and walked in like he owned the place. He walked further into the apartment and sat on the cream sofa looking around the place. "Nice place here" he commented.

I cringed as he put his dirty booted feet onto the plush fabric. "Please take your shoes off if you are going to put them on the sofa" I asked quietly.

Ben looked up and smirked at me "Sorry mom"

I tried to laugh but it sounded like a choked out whimper. I wanted my mom.

"Sorry... I... Ah I always say inappropriate things..." Ben rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It’s fine." I told him turning away "I'm going to..." I tried to think of something to get away from this conversation, Ben must have had the same feelings because he then suggested I should go have a shower.

I was now standing in some expensive shower that water spurted out from all angles wondering what I was going to do now. I had two options; sit and wait for Ling to release me or sit and wait for my dad to get me.

Personally I prefer not having either of them freeing me but I guess I had no choice. I scrubbed my body and washed the knots out of my hair, times like this I wish it wasn't so long.