Fix You

The albino male crumpled up the crinkled paper from his desk, a slight snarl erupting from his paled lips as those pitiful and useless worlds that he had scribbled on the paper flittered through his mind. It was all so futile, this writing of letters to the only one he had thought of these past four years…practically. Of course his mind had wandered to others, the loss of his best friend, his sometimes speaking with Inukashi, only that male made him think of the one he missed so much.

“Shion! -Don’t stay too late; you over-work yourself far too much.” It was the man he co-worked with, he assisted Shion in re-building No.6 and also he was the man who assisted with making the plans for the expansions and re-construction of the city homes and streets. Yamase…He had the same name as the man who he had once worked with in the park…

Shion nodded slowly and spun around his chair to look at the window, the clouds outside were dark and menacing, it certainly did look like rain…He grimaced slightly at the thought, he didn’t have an umbrella, but maybe he’d be able to beat it if he hurried and left? Tsukiyo, the little pale mouse that served as a reminder of the mouse chirped loudly at him, Shion glanced over and immediately knew the poor thing was eager to go home so it could have a taste of his mother’s bread…”Alright.” He murmured, getting up from his desk, the letter still held firmly between his fingers.

…He had no place to send it…why did he write such filth?

Shion’s pale fingers gripped his brown jacket lightly he was slow while putting it over himself; with a sigh he rammed the letter deep into his pocket. Shion waited for the faint chirp of the mouse to alert him that he was in fact on his shoulder before he stepped out the door. “You ready?” He whispered, stroking the little mouse’s head with a soft smile. He found it hard to smile without the other…Atleast he still had the memories of that small room…No matter how painful the longing was to return there.

Maybe he could though…

“Good bye Yamase.” He called as he walked outside into the chilly evening air.

“Ah! –Good-bye Shion-san!”

The honorific brought Shion’s smile away…he’d much rather have the taunting voice call him, ‘Dear Prince.’ That voice would probably never grace his ears again though…But he said he would return. Certainly he would keep his promise, even for the airhead he taunted for so many times.

“Nezumi.” He bit his lower lip; it was rare that Shion would even dare utter the name out-loud. It only would inflict more wounds upon him. It’d been four years already! –hadn’t the feelings settled? No…But why haven’t they? That should more or less be the question that needed an answer.

Tsukiyo’s chirp brought Shion to attention…He had just been standing outside the shut door it seems. He blinked and nodded.

It was time to head home…

Shion was too late of course…He didn’t escape the rain as he had originally hoped. The rain was one of Shion’s least favorite yet at the same time one of his most favorite things to feel and see. He had a lot of mixed feelings towards things now-a-days he found…When he saw stew or cherry cake…When he looked at Tsukiyo in the morning or when he awoke on the floor of his room after a long rest. They were all reminders of the boy who had saved his life not once, but many times…But the rain made him think back to when the boy first stumbled upon him. His body dripping from the typhoon’s rain, his grey eyes glaring fixedly at Shion’s slender frame, the blood that leaked from the wound upon his fore-arm, they were all vivid in Shion’s mind. The pain when Nezumi pinned him to the wall with just one hand and held his neck tightly within his small hand, his haunting eyes were beautiful…