Chapter 20

When Eric came back from picking up Eans diapers and formula he walked in with Vanessa and Peter. I can tell he was doing this on purpose and I was getting annoyed.

I don't say anything to him as he walks by me and into Eans room along with his whore and apparent best friend. I hear talking and laughing so I move closer so I can see in the doorway.

Vanessa is holding Ean.

"What do you think you're doing?" I shout to her. The laughing abruptly stops.

"Elena-" Eric sighs but I cut him off.

"No Eric," I push him aside and grab Ean out of Vanessa's hands.

"I want her out of this apartment and I never want to see her with him again," I hold Ean close to me.

"Who are you to say my friends can't hold my son?"

"His mother," I grimace.

"You're just jealous," Eric crosses his arms and bites the inside of his cheek.

"Eric, I couldn't care less about what you do. Stop acting like everything I do relates to you," I roll my eyes. "I don't know this whore you've been sleeping around with and I'm certainly not comfortable having her around my son."

"I'm the whore?" Vanessa laughs. "You're the sixteen year old initiate who got pregnant."

"Oh yes because that makes me a whore," I scowl at how intelligent she sounds.

"You're just calling me one because I'm Eric's new girlfriend," she smirks.

"Girlfriend," I laugh a little too loudly. I smile widely and look at Eric, his exprrssion looks annoyed. "Wow, Eric, congrats on your first girlfriend, she must really be the one." I pat him on the back.

This is exactly how I know Vanessa is nothing but someone he is using to get under my skin. Eric liked me and never called me his girlfriend, I guarantee he doesn't like this girl. He especially wouldn't call her his girlfriend in such a short span of time.

Eric rolls his eyes.
"You better get use to it because you're going to be seeing a whole lot of me," she says. She's a lot taller than me and has dark red hair that's long and thick, her eyes are piercing green, you're able to make them out from far away. She wasn't hideous and it's definitely enough to make me jealous. She looks older, older than Eric, maybe 21. For some reason I don't feel threatened, yes she's pretty and that makes me envious, but not jealous. The way Eric looks at her is the way Eric looks at everyone, everyone except me.

"Just admit it you're jealous of Vanessa."

"You would like that wouldn't you?" I squint my eyes. "I know the game you're playing and I know this isn't going to last long. You can't tolerate other people, especially not people like Vanessa."

Eric gives me a look and puckers his lips out. "Okay," he shifts his attention to Vanessa and that was his signal to leave. I hear the apartment door shut and I notice Peter stayed behind.

"Who exactly is she?" I ask him as he looks at Ean.

"Vanessa?" he says. "She's two years older than Eric, transfer from Amity."

"Amity? Eric's going to get tired of her real quick," I chuckle.

"She was second in her class, she's good friends with Max, that's how her and Eric met a few years ago."

"A few years ago?"

"Yeah, nothing happened before between them. You're the only girl he's been with."