Chapter 2

"What's question two?" Alex asks after half a lesson of complete silence.

It was currently English and the teacher had sat me on the table where the Young brothers were like Alex asked her too when we walked in together. Thankfully, I was allowed to take a seat next to the nicer one of the two.

The teacher gave us a list of writing techniques to make sure we knew them all 'like the colour of our crushes hair'. Nobody on our table bothered to spark up a conversation and I'm guessing this was Alex's attempt at doing just that.

Damon and I answered at the same time without looking away from our paper until we both had said it. It was a quick glace before he mumbled under his breath and looked down at his paper.

"What's a-"

"You have already written them all down, stop acting stupid to make me talk to her," Damon snaps cutting Alex off. I look down at his sheet and find that Damon was right about the fact he had already answered all of the questions.

"You read my mind." Alex fakes a surprise like his father did the first day I was here and I can now see the similarity he shares with him. They have the same hair colour and eyes but I wouldn't say he was the exact double of his dad. The only thing I can see similar to Damon is face shape, maybe he looks like his mother.

"'Her' has a name," I say without looking up from my sheet. Surely he can't be this bad. If Alex is this friendly and bubbly, how are him and his brother so close but so different?

"I'm not bad at all, just a certain person on this table just annoys me." I look up to see Damon sending a glare my way. Did he just read my mind? Juliet stop joking with yourself that's impossible for a human to do.

I put my hand on Alex's shoulder giving it a slight squeeze as I look to Damon, "That's such a horrible thing to say about your brother." I joke which Damon didn't seem to find the slightest bit funny.

Through Alex's clothes I could feel how cold he was, I know we are sitting near the window but there's no way it was that cold in the classroom. It was like he was an ice sculpture with a very thin layer of skin and wearing clothes. I'm pretty sure it's dangerous to be that cold. Damon looked at me cautiously diverting his eyes between my hand on Alex and my face whilst Alex screamed in laughter, like the high pitchiness of a girl in a horror story.

"Mr Young get out now!" The teacher shouted at Alex who left whilst wiping laughter tears from his eyes. I don't understand how he finds me and Damon's 'discussions' as funny as he does. If anything they're more annoying than something that can cause cryable laughter.

"Now look at what you have done, I'm stuck with you." Damon glared at me with eyes darker than his usual colour. 

"Aww, the poor baby," I say putting on a baby voice which I feel like I should do every time I talk to him.

Silence covered us again. I continued with the questions on the worksheet by gaining inspiration from Alex's. I don't like silence. I find it difficult to work in and the teacher for this subject demanded that the whole classroom be silent. In maths, I was able to focus on other's conversations since I never spoke to Gary or he never spoke to me. 

"Damon," he said and directed his gaze at the window. He was leant back in his chair with her arms crossed over his chest. 

"What?" I ask. Did I hear that right? Was he actually introducing himself properly to me? Had he grown up in the past half hour?

"My name is Damon."

"I'm Juliet," I say a little chirpier than he did and hold my hand out for him to shake just to see how far I could take this. He reluctantly took my hand in his and shook it giving me a teenie, tiny, incy, wincy smile. It was hardly noticeable but it was there. I flashed him a bigger smile but he just drops his smile, if you can call it that, and continues to shake my hand whilst I try my hardest to ignore the icy feeling currently travelling up my arm from his touch. How were these boys so cold? I pull back my arm and carry on with my work trying to ignore the constant staring I was receiving from him. 

Edited