Chapter 1

I have always been a victim of many things. Things ranging from looking at hundreds of clothes and deciding I have nothing to wear, to being too much of a big mouth for my own good. Both of these things do not mix well on the first day of school.

It sounds random, I know, but just think about it - somebody gives me a comment on how bad my clothes look and I say how bad their eyebrows are and get beat up for it. I'm the real victim here.

Of course, having indecisive big mouth syndrome is self-diagnosed but, trust me, it is as real eating Nutella straight from the jar. Another thing I am a victim of.

After putting my hands in my wardrobe and pulling any items of clothing out blindfolded I manage to make myself an outfit. I look in the full-length mirror staring at my reflection. I was wearing black skinny jeans with a fuzzy white jumper. I put my hair into a messy braid over my shoulder and decided that I wasn't going to look as presentable as I had originally hoped.

It has taken me two weeks to find a school since it was the last year and it's not really appropriate to join after the first term. I decided to move away from my parents and they were more than happy, they even offered to pay. It wasn't like they treat me terribly. I loved being around my dad and little sister but I just wanted some independence and as soon as that bites me in the butt then lesson learned but, for now at least, I'm enjoying it.

I began my walk down the street and within ten minutes the shops that populated the city center came into view over the hill and trees.

Right in the middle of town was a large, red-bricked school with multiple groups of students hanging around the outside. Some, who I presume to be the 'jock squad' if you will, were sitting on the stairs and not far to their left was a small group of cheerleaders practicing their routine. Under one of the far trees were about seven people wearing all black and some with heavy black eye makeup who clearly didn't want to be here today and under the opposite tree were a group of people studying.

I try to navigate my way through the endless amount of corridors until the first bell rings signaling that I was unable to find my class before the first lesson. Perfect. The empty corridors soon fill with a range of students but the ones that stick out are most definitely the ones I do not want to mix with. I try to ask the people walking past me where my math class is but I only get laughed at and pushed out of the way.

I see a teacher and walk over to him as he ushers his students through the door. Maybe if I play the new student please pity me card, he won't act as exhausted as he looked whilst slapping a brown haired boy on the head with his papers.

"Um, excuse me? I'm new and I can't find my class." I say pointing to my map. The teacher looks at me in confusion but soon shrugs it away. He flicks his blonde hair to the right and covers his green eyes with a pair of reading glasses looking at my map. He erupts in laughter causing me to become sheepish and probably slightly red.

"That will be because you're looking at the outdoors map" He hands it back to me taking his glasses off.

"Oh..." I feel my face go a bright red and try to hide it with my hand and falling hair.

"What class do you have first?"

"I have maths with Mr Young."

"Oh hey, that's me, and oh would you look at that" He points to a classroom next to him with an open mouth, "that's my classroom." He has a fake surprised look on his face and puts his hand on the door handle. "So what's your name newbie?" He asks.

"J-Juliet," I cough to clear my throat, "Juliet Rose." We both enter his room and I stand by his desk waiting to be told where to sit.

All eyes are looking at the front, staring me up and down like prey as the teacher sorts his papers out. There are three empty seats from what I can see. There is a seat right in the middle of a bunch of guys playing with a basketball and if my American high school movie watching has told me anything it's to not associate with them unless they sing and their name is Troy.