Chapter 2

"Alright, it's finally fixed. Wanna give it a test drive or do you trust me?" I gave a joking wink to Jax. "Nah, I believe ya doll." He said as he went into the office, and I followed him. "Mom, the Harley is done, give the owners a call and tell them, we need them to sign and pay then they can take it." The woman looked up, and nodded. Grabbing the paper work for the Harley to see the owners number, when suddenly she stopped. "Jax.... Who is this?" She asked. "Oh. This is Ash, our new mechanic." He told her, I took a few steps closer to her as she stood up, I held my hand out for her to shake. "Gemma Teller, Jax's mother." She shook it. "Ashley Alton, the new mechanic." I smiled at her.

"Well we should both get back to work, I'll see you later then." Gemma said, I nodded and walked back out to the garage with Jax.

"So what do we do now? I know a lot of shops are different, from experience." I asked him, and it was true. Some parked the car out in the lot and started on the next one, while others just left them in the garage until the owners showed up.

"I'm gonna park it out in the lot, but we don't start anything until they get their bike outta here, which probably won't be til after lunch, so we take our break now." He told me and I nodded.

"Well I'm gonna go find a small diner, want to tag along? Maybe invite some of the other boys." I suggested and he nodded. "Yeah sure. I'll go get who ever isn't busy."  I nodded, signaling I understood, as he walked away. Jax was attractive, I'd give him that. He was just a bit troubled, I don't know where the troubles came from yet, but I would find out where sooner or later. I don't know any of them all that well yet, but I already felt like I was accepted. 

I loved my old life, it was almost perfect. There were a few faults, just like every ones life, but here... I don't know what it was, I didn't feel like there was a fault. I didn't really know anyone that well yet, but I liked it here already. 

"Alright, so Tig, Chibs and Juice aren't busy right now so they are gonna be coming with us." Jax told me, I nodded giving him a smile. 

*JAX'S POV*

I was on my way to see who was busy and who wasn't, and if they wanted to come to lunch when I found myself thinking of the beautiful brunette. She had stunning blue eyes, hell they made my breathe catch in my throat a lot of the time. Not that I am complaining though.  Her hair was always perfect, weird, right? I mean she moved around a lot, and did things so that her hair would get out of place, but even when it moved around it still looked great, perfectly framing her face. The way it was dyed too, it was mostly brown, but she had parts around her face a light blonde. There was just something about her...

"Hey, any of you free?" I asked as I got to where most of the guys were. 

"Nah man." Juice said. "Nope" Tig said. "Not at all Jackie boy." Chibs told me, the others saying they were, and they left getting back to work. "Ash and I are going to lunch, want to tag along?" I asked them yet again. They all looked at each other then nodded. "Wait, you're paying right?" they teased. I gave them a light glare as I walked back out, going to tell Ash. 

*ASH'S POV*

We all got on our own bikes, and Jax rolled up beside me, "I know a really nice diner, follow me." He told me, I gave him a thumbs up and nodded, telling him I understood, not daring to try and raise my voice over the bikes. Partly because I was quiet and shy when you first go to know me, and partly because it required a lot of effort. 

Jax left the lot, and the rest of us followed, almost like we did this everyday. Jax gave a hand signal telling us he was turning left. and we all followed. Soon enough we arrived at the diner, parked our bikes, and walked into the Diner. "Table for 5?" the waitress asked and we nodded, following her, as she showed us to our seat. "I'll get someone to stop by and take your orders in a bit." she told us as she handed us menus and then walked away. I decided on a simple Turkey club, not really interested in anything else, although some of the pastas did look really good, I'd have to try it next time I came back, not really in the mood for pasta at the moment. 

We all chatted for a bit as we waited for someone to come take our orders. "Are you ready to order?" a guy around my age came up and asked us. I looked around getting nods from the rest of the men, and nodded myself, "Yes we are," I told him. He turned his attention to me, not having realized I was there earlier, and instantly stood up straight, and puffed his chest out a little. I waited for the guys to order what they wanted, then told the server what I wanted. "And for you miss?" he asked "I'll have a Turkey club, with gravy for the fries, and a root beer please." I responded, and then he walked away, and we went back to our conversation about how smoothly our bikes rode, and how some of the cars we had to fix up were a pain. 

The waiter came back with his chest still puffed, and he flexed as he reached in front of me to hand the guys their drinks, since I was on the outside and his arm was right in front of my face. I could see all the guys tense up a bit, and give him a glare. I gave them all confused looks. But just thanked the boy for the drinks, being the only civil and polite one out of us all as it seemed. "He was so trying to flirt with you," Tig said. "Trust me, I used to do that when I worked in a restaurant and had to serve a pretty girl." he continued. I looked at him like he was nuts. "No, I'm sure he wasn't..." I said a little unsure of him. "No, it's true lass. That's what a lot of guys his age with crap jobs do." Chibs said. "I'm gonna beat him." Jax said suddenly. "What, why?" I asked, totally shocked. "He clearly doesn't see you're with us." he said again, a hint of anger in his eyes. "Instead of beating him up.... Why don't you just make it obvious?" I suggested, not really knowing what he would do with it. So he slung his arm around my shoulder. 

Soon the waiter came back, looking a little disappointed, but didn't really change in trying to impress me. He handed the guys their food first then mine "And for the beautiful lady," he put mine in front of me and I just smiled politely.

"Do you not see she's with me?" Jax nearly yelled. "Jax, calm down, he's just being nice." I told him putting my hand on his chest trying to calm him down a bit, and making it believable. "No, I'm sick of this guy flirting with you every time he comes by." Jax told me as he jumped over the side of the booth towards the guy. "Don't flirt with her, she's with us." he said getting up in the poor guys face. 

"Oh so she's a gang whore then?" He said and just as he was about to walk away, Jax hit him. "No! Jax, let me handle this." I told him, and he gave a bit of a concerned look. 

I grabbed the guy by his shirt and literally dragged him outside, not even caring who saw. "Get my food in a to go box." I yelled to the guys over my shoulder. I dragged him behind the diner, not caring who saw. The guy already had blood dripping from his probably now broken nose. "So, a gang whore, huh?" I asked him. he just stood there quietly. I punched him in the face, spinning him and knocking him down to the ground on his stomach. I then kicked him in the gut, and spat on him. "Don't you EVER judge someone you don't know shit about." I turned around to see the guys standing there, I gave them a quick sheepish smile, and scratched the back of my head kind of shyly. 

"Oh, hey guys.... how long have you been there?" I asked.