9

I wake up and make my way downstairs finding presents, at least Dad remembered it's Christmas day and to put the presents out unlike he did before, that was the most disappointing Christmas of my life.

"Merry Christmas Sweetheart" Dad smiles entering the room with a cup of coffee"

"Merry Christmas, can we open presents now?"

"Sure"

I smile and grab the nearest one with my name and ripping it open;

Hermione - Muggle books, Flowers string lights and a Rose hair clip

Harry - Sweets, Merchandise for my favourite muggle bands and a signed photo of himself

Fred and George - Their products and a daisy chain spelling my name and enchanted to never die

Dad - Clothes, body mist from a muggle shop called Holister and money.

"Another signed photo? That's the 4th year now" Dad laughs

"It's our joke we got going on from when I got really excited and fangirling from seeing Florence and the Machine live. He said he's famous and I should fangirl over him. Ever since he's been giving me Signed photos of himself. I tell you this story every year" I chuckle

"Well he does have a point"

"ugh, not you as well. Anyway thank you for my presents"

"You're welcome, thank you for mine as well"

I go and take my things upstairs putting them into their new homes then I get changed. Hermione is coming around for dinner today as her parents are going to an important business party or something I can't remember.

I finished getting change and an owl crashes into the window, Weasley's. I open the window and take the letter off the bloody bird and he makes his way back home.

Dear Paisley,

Merry Christmas

Love,

Ron x

Wow, ok then. I place the letter by his unwrapped gift and go downstairs letting Hermione in.

"Thanks for my presents, Merry Christmas" I smile hugging her

"Merry Christmas, Thanks for yours too. Did you get Harry's signed photo?"

"Of course I did. I'm building up a good little shrine of him" I laugh

"Oh yeah, Ron sent a letter"

"Saying?"

"Nothing much" I mumble handing her the letter

"Apparently Lavender is getting on his nerves"

"She gets on everyone's nerves. He picked to get with her though so he has to deal with her annoying trait"

"That is true"

We help Dad with food then eat it, it all tasted so good. Probably for the fact I cooked my favourite parts of the meal so I know it will taste good. I can't risk Dad cooking them after one year he burnt my yorkshire pudding, I was not impressed.

This Christmas is the first one where there is more than just me and Dad and to be honest it has been so much fun. Although it's strange knowing I won't be seeing Ron over the break though, I think I'm going to have to give up and let him go. He has Lavender now so I need to accept that as much as it hurts and move on.

The thing is, I don't think I ever can move on.