Chapter 2- Meeting Time

Start from the beginning

"Who is that boy?" the youngest girl asked.

"Essie, that's daddy's new worker" said one of the other sister.

My mouth dropped. Did she just call me one of her dad's workers?

"Girls, stop being rude this instant and introduce yourself to the new member of our family!" Mrs. Delgado yelled at the girls.

In the span of a few seconds the movie was paused again, their lights were back on, and every girl was up out of their seats and facing us. Let me just say that they did not look happy.

"Hold up, wait a minute, Mom, Dad did you guys say 'new member of the family?" said another one of the girls.

"Yes, I did, now stand in age order and introduce yourselves" Mrs. Delgado said in a stern voice.

They all shuffled to their places, most mumbling angrily in Spanish. I think I even heard a rather loud 'Punta' come from one of them, and I definitely know what that means.

"Ok who said that" said Mrs. Delgado

None of them answered.

"Fine, then all of you are grounded for the weekend, now start the introductions"

This made them even angrier; if looks could kill I would have killed nine times by now. They all got to their places, some stood with their arms crossed, and others just stood staring daggers at me. With all of them standing that way it sort of reminded me of the Van Trump family from the Sound of Music. Except with more hostility and girls. Finally they started to introduce themselves.

"Looks like I'm first, my name is Dia. I'm oldest and I'm 20"

I waved a little and moved my eyes to the next girl. She was African American; she was the adopted one that Mr. Delgado was talking about earlier.

"My name is Kassandra. I'm next oldest and I'm 18"

I nodded and moved my eyes to the next girl. I realized this was the girl that had the little outburst in disbelief earlier.

"Name is Alejandra. Sisters and friends call me Alex and I'm 17"

I nodded once again and moved to the next girl who looks exactly like the one before her, but with different clothes.

"Carmen, I'm also 17 and yes, Alex and I are twins"

I did a double take and moved on to the next girl. I glared a little she was the one that called me her dad's new worker.

"My name is Arianna. Sisters and friends call Ari. I'm sixteen"

I nodded and moved on to the next girl.

"My name is Daniella. Everyone calls me Danni, and I'm 14"

I nodded once again and moved on to the next girl.

"Name is Sadie and I'm 13"

Nodded and moved on to the next person.

"My name is Aliyah. Most people call me Lia. And I'm 12"

I smiled at her and moved on the next girl. She looked considerably younger than the rest.

"Hi, I'm Esmeralda, but everybody calls me Essie. And I'm fwour"

Hands down the cutest thing I think I've heard, but I'm not telling them that (MANLY).

All the girls were done and the parents decided to introduce themselves one more time.

"Well as you know I'm Roberto and this is my wife Consuela, we in our forties and that is all you need to know about our ages. Now Jericho go ahead and introduce yourself"

I stood there nervous, my tongue felt thick. "I...I.....I'm Jericho Clay" I stuttered "and I'm 17".

"Great as if there aren't enough 17 year olds in this house let's add another with an English accent" said the one named Sadie.

"I have an accent?" I questioned. They glared at me like I was stupid. "Nevermind than" I said as I held my hands up in surrender.

"So why is he here?" the one named Alejandra asked rudely.

The parents gave each other a look that I didn't understand and said. "Uh... Guys Jericho is here because of a series of unfortunate events that just occurred in his life" Mr. Delgado said.

"Well, now that we're done with this little meet and greet let's get back to our movie" said Carmen.

"Oh no, remember girls you are grounded for the weekend. So, no movies" Mrs. Delgado said firmly to the girls. "Instead give Jericho a tour of the house and show him his room. It's the old guest room, if you didn't know" she added.

The girls got up from their seats and moved towards me out the door. They all glared at me as they walked out, some of them even purposely hit me with their shoulders on the way out.

Well this is going to be an exciting tour... not.

****************************************************************************************************************

Well he just met all the girls. Don't they sound like heart-warming open arms bunch, lol.