Epilogue

AALIYAH

‘’For the hundredth time, get that stethoscope off my body,’’ I warned Sadiq again.

‘’it moved,’’ he said sincerely sounding awestruck.

‘’I know. Its my body, remember, And this is your third child, why do you always act like a first timer?’’

‘’This would never get old baby,’’ that boyish grin appeared on his face and took my breath away like always.

‘’but you’ve been doing this all morning. Just take the stethoscope off my stomach’’

‘’fine. I’ll give you both a break but I’ll be back’’

‘’Thank God,’’ I sighed as he suddenly wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

‘’you’re squishing me’’

‘’you love it,’’ I did ,he huffed. I couldn’t see his face but I knew he had a smirk on. Before I could make a comment on how arrogant he was, the door to our room burst inward, slamming against the wall, and before I could react, my two angels were already running in bickering and shouting at the top of their voices.

‘’Soldiers, soldiers,’’ Sadiq said and they both immediately stood at attention like real soldiers, ‘’what’s wrong? Why the ruckus?’’

‘’he ate the cake’’

‘’that’s a lie, she ate the cake’’

‘’cake?’’ I asked quite confused.

Before any of them could answer, their Dad was already dragging them out.

‘’Soldiers. Let’s go, I have a mission for you,’’ his voice controlled yet mysterious, as they disappeared out of the room. Something was definitely suspicious.

Few minutes later, Sadiq returned to the room, cake and card in hand.

‘’what’s going on?’’ I asked sitting up straight with a too wide smile on my face.

‘’happy Anniversary,’’ he carefully dropped the cake on the table, and picked up the card, his eyes never leaving mine.

‘’oh my God,’’ I gasped, more like whisper gasped.

‘’I prepared a speech, he said and if I didn’t know better I’d say nervously.

‘’speech. Really?’’ I couldn’t stop smiling.
‘’Masha Allah. I look at you and realise how blessed I am to have you. I have spent the best ten years of my life with you and I honestly I’m still excited to see what the future has in store for us. Its going to be tough yet amazing because you’re with me. You are the love of my life, Aaliyah. May Allah keep us together, forever’’

I had tears falling down my cheeks and I couldn’t stop them, I was tongue tied.

‘’was that good?’’ he asked.

I couldn’t speak, too happy, too contented, too in love. I stood up and walked to him, my eyes fixed on his. I stood on tip toes and kissed his fore head as I whispered ‘I love you’s’ over and over again.

‘’Daddy,’’ thunderstorms disguised as door knocking followed, ‘’we are ready to sing the anniversary song for mommy’’

Sadiq looked at me and we both laughed.

‘’okay come in,’’ he yelled as he wrapped his arm around me.

‘’go ahead and announce our entrance’’
We both chuckled before Sadiq picked up his imaginary mic, ‘’introducing princess Zarah…hh and rockstar..rrr  Deen……’’

THE END.

Alhamdullilah.. We are finally here at the end.. Our journey here,  'its been something, its been everything'

Thank you to Everyone that has read this book, even if it was just a chapter, just a sentence.. Thank you, i appreciate you all...

Special thank you to all Those who took the time to vote for my story and to comment too.