Feelings

The weeks continued to swiftly move by and summer was coming to an end soon. It's been just about a year since I've started working at Mo's. Life was as normal as it could be for me...I continued with my routine working at Mo's, eating dinner with Chelsea, Walter and Andrew.

Andrew...As I thought his name I could feel the blush take over my cheeks and down to my neck. I quickly inhaled as I puffed out my cheeks, holding it for a moment before releasing the breath. It's something I've taken on doing lately in an attempt to calm my flushed cheeks sooner. I couldn't help the fire that spread across my face at the mere thought of his name. I'm not sure how I feel about Andrew. All I know at this moment is that I consider him to be a friend. I'm not sure how he and Walter weaselled their way into my heart but they have. It terrifies yet calms me at the same time. Walter reminds me of my brother, so perhaps that how I've grown accustomed to him over the past year. Andrew, on the other hand, I see him as anything but my brother. He truly is a kind selfless gentleman. A very handsome gentleman. I once again puffed out my cheeks as my face became hot once again.

"Thinking about a certain someone again, Ally?" Chelsea's voice rung out to me as she grabbed food from behind the counter. I glanced up in time to see her wink at me.

"No, Cricket, I'm not." My face started to burn more at being caught once again thinking about Andy.

"No point in lying, Ally. There's only one man who can make you have that goofy smile on your face." I was smiling? I quickly masked my face before turning away from her and getting back to work. "Don't worry, Ally your suga' should be walking through those doors any minute now" I spun around to send her a glare that did absolutely nothing to deter her from mocking me.

"Chelsea, how about we do what we are paid to be doing? Working. Instead of worrying about me, perhaps you should be thinking about your boyfriend-" Her eyes narrowed at me before she quickly cut me off.

"He isn't my boyfriend-"

"But you guys are dating now so-"

"So we are dating. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, yet-"

"So you want to be his girlfriend"

"Uh!" She stomped away somehow managing to not drop the food in her hands. I chuckled in response before getting back to work. To be honest, it's fun bickering with Chelsea. I'm not sure if it's something that I like to do with just her or if it's just a part of my personality. I frowned as I realize that I'm not sure of who I am beyond who I was forced to be as a result of the abuse.

"Why the frown, Pumpkin?" I jumped as I realized someone was right in front of me. My heart pounded in my chest as I looked up to catch the golden-brown eyes of Andrew. He frowned as he took a couple of steps back. "Sorry, Pumpkin. I didn't mean to scare you"

I took a couple of breaths to regulate my breathing before I sent him an apologetic smile.

"It's alright, Andy. I was just caught up in my thoughts." He nodded understandingly.

"May I ask what was on that beautiful mind of yours?" This is one thing I don't like about Andrew. He's such a flirt! How am I expected not to develop a crush when he- wait. Did I just say crush?

I blushed once again for the third time in the past fifteen minutes. My blush deepened once my previous thoughts about how handsome Andy is, came to mind. A red firetruck had nothing on my face at that moment. I started to puff out my cheeks to cool the fire that had taken over my face.

"Now, I'm very curious as to what it was," Andrew replied in response to my red face. I couldn't look him in the eye and busied myself with organizing the muffins on display.

"Not what Drew, but who" Chelsea boldly stated as she passed me to get to the register. I didn't even have the dignity to turn and glare at her in response. I could only bury my head further into the clear food display.

"Who? Ally, who is it?" Andrew practically demanded as he bent down to look at me through the display.

"It's no one, Andy. It's just a little hot in here is all" I mumbled a response.

"It doesn't feel that hot in here, Pumpkin. Are you sick? Do you need to go home? Chels-"

"I'm fine, Drew. I wouldn't be here if I was sick. Are you ready to grab some lunch?" I quickly tried to change the subject. He's been getting quite protective lately. I can't figure out why. Perhaps this is what friends are supposed to do- be protective over one another. Chelsea's protective of me too, but it's different when it comes from her...I guess it's different between female and male friends.

"Whenever you are, Pumpkin" He mumbled, as he obviously wasn't satisfied with my answer. I quickly grabbed my coat and wallet- not that I needed it since Andrew always insisted on paying and was quite sneaky when it came to paying.

I practically ran to the door to avoid Chelsea instigating anything else.

"Have fun, love birds" I turned to give her a comeback when I ran into the door- literally.

Have no fear, this is not the end of the chapter. Simply a teaser for what you'll find if you read the whole chapter on Inkitt by clicking on the link in my profile or in the comment I've put below. Not only will swapping platforms bring you the rest of the chapter, but it'll help show support and love to your girl ;)

I'll still be updating on Wattpad! Inkitt will just be a chapter (or two) ahead.

Thank you for your love and support <3 See you next chapter.