Chapter one

I stare at him so intensely I begin to get a headache, but I couldn’t help myself his whole presence was dragging me in, right from his brown golden locks to his piercing grass green eyes. He obviously has a girlfriend I shout to myself so just draw your eyes away before you get into a cat fight with his girlfriend or worse he catches you.

“Madam?” I look up to the bartender and see he wanted to take my order; I look into his shabby eyes and see amusement. What was so amusing? Did he think I could not pull a guy like that? I most probably couldn’t – but that wasn’t the point.

“Gin and tonic, please.” I say dragging my eyes away from his dull eyes and search for the beautiful green ones I saw a moment ago, but they were gone. Most probably at a table with his girlfriend, I grab my glass after paying the guy; he was not getting a tip. I sigh annoyed my mother asked me to come to one of her social meetings, they were dreadfully dull, after all the only thing they talked about was wealth and men and oh God sex. I drown my sorrows in my drink finishing it in one, before walking across the smooth white marble floor to a table reserved for my mother. Soon another waiter appears and thank God it wasn’t the one from the bar, I order another Gin and tonic and sit back and wait for my mother and her troop. The hotel was very nice, posh of course; dare my mother be seen in one of such lower class. I sigh wishing I was back at home with my father, you see I lived with him and not my mother they got divorced when I was nine, my mother married a wealthy man that was playing her around but she didn’t care she had millions of dollars on hand when she needed it.

“Darling,” a voice purrs behind me, I close my eyes for half a second before standing and facing my mother; well what was left of the woman I use to know. I’m pulled into a lose hug; because God forbid her clothes crease from embracing her daughter in a hug, considering she hasn’t seen me in two months. I awkwardly pat her back, the woman who came with her are already sat at the table and we join them. Me and my father inappropriately call them the witches, because of the amount of surgery they have had done. I sip at my gin and tonic and try and think of something to make small talk with, but as always my ‘darling’ mother has beaten me to it.

“Allison I believe it’s time you found yourself a man.” I choke on my drink at her outright embarrassment and feel my cheeks begin to burn. The topic was touchy, I was at least embarrassed I have never had a boyfriend since seventh grade; I thought all of that would have changed by now, especially since I left High school. I thought that maybe I would find someone at college; but I was wrong, so wrong. “Well you need look no further, I have found someone suitable and he is a dishy one I might add.” Also a rich bastard as well I thought. What hold on did she say need look no further, did she? I groan at the thought of my mother setting me up on blind dates.

“You haven’t have you?” I say leaning back in my seat, maybe I could just pretend I’m ill when the date comes, he wouldn’t want to reschedule.

“Allison don’t be so rude.” My mother mumbles under her breath I look up at her and realise she is staring up at someone behind me, turning around I stare up at the green eyed God I had been perving on earlier.

“Allison this is Benjamin, your date.” Fuck! She had to be kidding.