Chapter 7: Live a little, it's just detention

I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now. Flashbacks of what happened yesterday remained plastered on my mind. Daniel asking me to be his girlfriend ... our first holding hands ... and especially the dance.

It still feels surreal. One minute, we were arguing about petty things and the next thing you know, he's gonna do something out of the box that will make you swoon.

I've got it bad.

I sure am doomed with this guy.

When I'm with Daniel, I get the weird tingles and I don't know why. I just keep on having that sensation. 

He makes me wanna dream of the impossible.  

And I'm hoping that we will last.

I shut my eyes tight but my mind was awake. Oh crap, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

--------------

I woke up to my mom shouting that I would be late for school if I don't hurry up. I wanted to move but I can't so I just blocked the commotion with my pillow.

Did I mention that I'm not a morning person? Well, yeah. I literally would kill anyone who dares to ruin my sleep.

"Naomi, hurry up young lady and get down here! Don't make me dragged you!" My mom yelled

I can sense the irritation in her voice.  I groaned. If I push it, I'd be in trouble with my mom. But the bed ... it's too comfortable... it's pulling me in

"NAOMI GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!!!" Mom shouted and I'm pretty sure even the neighbors heard her uproar. 

Shit, that got me moving. I quickly changed into my clothes. I wore something simple yet elegant. I decided to go for white. I was never one to care for my appearance. I would just randomly wear anything I've comfortable with. But just for today, I wanted to look good. 

"Naomi, where are you!?!" Mom said. The anger in her voice was evident now. 

"Just a sec Mom, coming" I said hastily

After looking at the mirror for the last time, I went downstairs to meet my mom. I gently placed a peck on her cheeks to simmer down her anger. I know that works all the time for her.

"You should know how important time is, honey. Stop being so stubborn when waking ..."

 "Gotta go, Mom. Running late. You know, time is important" I replied smoothly. 

I knew where the conversation was going and I don't really want to start my day with a sermon. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Daniel today.