What once was.

There was once a girl.

She was the most popular girl in school; with her long blonde hair, big blue eyes, her elegant smile and majestic way in how she walks down the hall with her friends, laughing and giggling about the past weekend.

Everybody at school loved her, even her teachers. She was the leader of her group of friends but she was also the nerd of the group, but this wasn’t California, it was the mid-west. Where things worked differently. Whither you were white or black, Asian or Hispanic if you had troubles she was there for you; she was always there. In her world there was no such thing as groups.

            Then one day her parents got into a fight. The biggest one they ever had, the whole neighborhood can hear her mother screams from her father’s punches and slaps. He has been drinking again, a bit more than usual. The girl tried to stop her father from hitting her mother, but it was useless. She was thrown away into a wall, and her father reached for the cutting knife, walking up to her, ready to stab her. However, her mother got in the way and her father slices through her mother, laughing, as if he was going through the mother to get to her. The girl, furious, grabbed the knife from her father and pushed him away. In his drunken state, he tumbled and slipped smashing his skull into the sharp corner kitchen table. He lay on the white floor as it stains dark red; she holds her mothers sliced up body with the knife on the other hand. She sat there until the flashes of red and blue blinked through the windows.

            The next day, everybody has heard what happened. They wouldn’t look at her and would talk and whisper behind her back. Everyone now fears the girl that was once loved by everybody, her grades went down hill and so did her peers that looked up to her. She is now alone in her school, with nobody hand to hold.

            But that was ok, because there was one, a boy to be exact. A boy that she never knew was there, but was always there. He lived next door from her and day after day he listened to her parent’s screams. So when she was at her lowest, he was there, with a hand to pick her back up. From there on, she turned a new leaf with the boy and they lived out their happy lives together and forever.