Summer House Arrest

Deticated to my other half. ~Wolf.

I laughed as Shooter McGavin flipped out. I was watching Happy Gilmore, alone and EXTREMLY bored. Hey, how could I help it? I was under "house arrest", and I had already finished reading all my books. I had already watched the movies I had in this house. A lot. So much, I could practicly resite each and every line of those movies. Yeah, sure I could sleep. But was that what I was REALLY going to do all day? No. I wouldn't let my parents have the satisfaction. As it ended, I just replayed it, makeing sure to laugh in all the right places, though I doubt my father was paying much attention. He was in his room, probably drinking, or getting ready for a date with his little toy, Vanessa. I can tell you that my father was rarely home. He was always out at a party or club, acting as though he was Vanessa's age. It made me sick. Vanessa was 20, my dad, 54. Yeah, he was 34 years older then her, and as Vanessa said, he was as fast as a 29 year old. Yeah, I know, sick.

Someone slipped into the liveing room. Trust me, I almost screamed. The person clamped their... suprisingly clean hand over my mouh. I looked at them, and was greeted by a pair of beutiful amber eyes. I instantly stopped struggeling and trying to bite this person. A smile filled the frame of my face. I slipped out of their grasp. Grabbing my bag, I slipped out of the window, expecting the other person to do the same. I broke out into a run, my heavy footsteps being followed. I was panting for breath, though my little freind seemed fine. I jumped up, grabbing unto a fence. I started climbing, upward and onward.

A clang told me was being followed. I grinned. Good. I jumped off the top of the fence. I lended on my feet (Ok, and maybe my hands), and continued running. I screeched to a stop, and was nearly run over. I heard laughing and saw two girls sitting on a blanket. One had brown hair, streaked with blonde highlights from the sun. Her face had a wide, laughing grin. The other girl had shorter brown hair, and glasses. She was laughing like there was no tommorow. Both of their brown eyes sparkeled, and their wide, goofy grins told me they were haveing fun. But it also looked like they were waiting for something. Or, let's say, someone.

Smileing, I ran over and gave them each a hug. These two were my best freinds. They have been scince third or second grade. They hugged me back, happy to see me. My prusuer came over and let out a deep, throaty chuckle. "You three never learn, do you?" he asked.

Now, your probably wondering who this guy is. His name is Dylan, and he's our freind too. He has been, ever scince all of us left our old school. He had other freinds, don't get me wrong. My two freinds, Eva and Zoe, stared up at him. I noticed Zoe was blushing. Oh, don't get the wrong idea. Zoe blushes when ANY guy talks to her, even our guy freinds. No, she didn't blush when she talked to adult guys, like her dad, step dad, or any of the teachers. She didn't blush when she talked to her step brother or her nephew, either. She only blushed when guys in our grade talked to her. She was shy like that. Besides, she didn't have a crush. I know that for a fact. Even though she's had an on and off crush history, she told us whenever she had a new crush. Eva was the bold one. She didn't blush a whole lot. She hasn't had a lot of crushes either. I have a crush. I'll tell you who later.

Now, I think I'll tell you about Dylan. He has amber eyes, sandy blonde hair, and tan skin. He has a lot of muscels and is always dateing a new girl. Jokeing! He's not a player, and he's only had two or three girlfreinds. He has a great sense of humor, and he's really kind. We're kind of nerds, and he, of course, is a jock. When he became a jock, he didn't brush us off. He still hung out with us a lot. He is always there when I break out of the house, wether Eva and Zoe were there or not. I studied him for a moment, pretending to listen to Eva and Zoe chatter away. My thoughts were broken when Zoe stood up abruptly.

"Let's go swim!" she said. She was forever doing that. Eva, Dylan, and Zoe all rush-walked to the pool side. I hung back. I looked at everyone. Eva, in her polka dotted bikini, Dylan in his awesome swim trunks, and Zoe, in her bikini top and trunks. She was self conscience about her body. Hey, I don't blame her. I was too. Ilooked down at my yellow one piece and groaned. Out of all the hidden bathingsuits I had, I could only find this one. It didn't flatter my figure at all. I looked over at the others, Dylan and Eva side-by-side in the pool with Zoe looking down at them. They splashed her and she cannon-balled in, hitting them with a humungous splash. I smiled at them, willing them not to notice me.

A warm hand clasped my shoulder. Starteled, I looked up, only to find Gavin, one of our other guy freinds. He was smileing and iveing me a look that said "You know you want to." I grinned back, and then I relized I wanted to know why he was here. As if he could read my mind, he said "I'm here on a date with Chelsea. She seemed to want to come, and she's been acting weird lately, so I said 'Yeah,ok'" I nodded my head as though I understood. I felt bad for Gavin. I knew why Chelsea had come here.

Chelsea. She was a cheerleader. Head of her squad. She had long, blonde hair, and sea blue eyes. She ALSO had a thing for Dylan. Just my luck, right? She was dateing Gavin, who was kind of dorky. He was a good kind of dorky, though. He was also a jock. Suprise, suprise. "Lauren!" I heard Zoe yell. "Get your butt in here!" I turned my mouth to aplogize to Gavin, but Eva was there instead. She shoved me towards the pool. I gave out a little shreik. Eva pushed me in, and Dylan made sure I stayed above water. So did Zoe. I thanked them and laughed it off. I was kind of angry though.

We all had a swiming contest. Dylan was first, Eva second, then me, followed by Zoe. She blushed a lot. It wasn't that she wasn't a good swimmer. It was just that she slowed down a lot. I think she was being cautious of the kids in the pool. I was too, atlhough I guess I wasn't. Not exactly, anyway. I bumped into a kid every once in a while. We got out of the pool. Zoe kind of froze when she got out. I didn't know what the problum was. I assumed it was the wind. She kept going after a minute, when Dylan gave her a little push foreward. We all toweled off, and changed. I wore my Alice in Wonderland tee, some jeans, and a pair of flip flops. Eva was dressed in a horse tee, jeans, and flats. Zoe got changed into a Green Day tee, jeans, and a pair of Green Lanturn high tops. When we walked out of the changing rooms, I stopped when I saw Dylan. He was in a black tee, jeans, and a pair of Converses. He looked GOREGEOUS! A little voice popped into my head. "Lauren" it said. "Lauren."

"LAUREN!" Eva screamed into my ear. I stumbeled back. "Wha-?" I muttered. "Let's go!" Eva and Zoe chouresed. Dylan had slipped into the drivers seat of his pick up truck. "Shot gun!" Zoe yelled, raceing towards the car. She slipped right in. I knew she was going to do that. She loved pick up trucks. Not the huge, gas guzzeling ones, but the smaller model that used less gas. As Eva and I popped into the back, Zoe reached up and brushed the fingers against the top. "Man, I wish my mom would let me get a car." she mused. I think her obbsession with pick up trucks came from her dad.

I guess that when she was little, her dad had a smaller, non gas guzzling pick up truck. She liked it a lot apperently.

She turned the radio to our favorite station and started singing. She sung an angry song with an angry tone. I didn't think much about it until Dylan said something. He let out a deep, throaty chuckle and said, "Somebodys jeloues".

Zoe blushed and stared out the window. Am I missing something here? Eva looked at me, equally confused. "What the heck are you talking about?" she finally asked.

"I like Gavin, ok?" Zoe finally blurted.

Eva was mad. I could tell. Me? I was both. I was more worried about Zoe and Eva. I knew they were going to get into a fight. They'll get over it, they always do. Right?