Never Meant To Be [5] The Deal

Alright, next chapter of NMTB is now up! Hope you like the update and feel free to comment on how it was. Like I've said before, the plot and characters are the same (except for the names) I have switch some things around here and there and added more detail. Now you might notice though that Cecilia (aka Kara) is a tiny bit different. Unlike the first one, here she's a bit more cautious than the older version in a small way. :P

Vote? Comment? :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like a wingless bird inside a beautiful iron cage, my fate might not be as I had wished for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just relax dove." A deep delicious voice repeated inside my thoughts, continuing onward like a wondrous melody that haunted my dreamless sleep. Though I had barely caught a glimpse of his face, his eyes still burned into my memory, they depths deep and endless as I floated within the dark space of my mind.

Drifting in and out of consciousness, I find myself slowly beginning to regain my movements as I realized that I have been knocked out. With my eyes closed, I breathe in the air, testing the delicate smell of some lushes' aroma that reminded me of faint flowers that used to appear in the outskirts of the woods behind my home.

Moving my arms, the sense of cold, rusty metal against my flesh ran around my wrists as I slowly slide back into my body from the depths of my mind. Beneath me I could feel soft sheets of silk, while my head nestled upon a comfortable cushion that indicated that I was resting upon a bed. Weakly, I lift the lids of my weary eyes, curious to see where I might be to be resting on such a heavenly bed.

What I find is luxurious room filled with colors of Victorian black and indigo fabric that steamed form the beds top while the windows were a crystal glass that over looked the forest. There were sofas and desks scattered wonderfully around the room, designed with the same colored imprints of the room. I could only stare at this exquisite sight for a mere time, trying to soak all the work that whoever had put into this.

My gaze halted to my arms, seeing what the cold, metallic feeling was on my wrists. Whoever had brought me here had chained me to the bed, making it impossible to walk or flee. Testing the strength of the metal, I gently pull my arms forward; stretching them as far as I could before the chain restrained my movement. Tugging again, I gave up on the fourth try as I realized that the metal was too strong to break from a messily pull. Carefully, I move from the bed into a sitting position, the chains digging into the bruised flesh. My eyes scanned ever inch of the room, looking for a pen, clip or something that could fit through the lock.

But instead I found nothing. Absolutely nothing. There were neither clips nor pins in sight. My heart thumped in revelation that I might not get out of here. Clasping onto the heavenly bed, my thoughts drew back to the man from last night. His features were perfect in every way, way to perfect for a human though. Might he have been the one who brought me here? As well chained me to the bed for some unknown reason? If so, he had much explaining to do, or possibly not at all.

I didn't plan to stick around long enough to find out.

Contemplating, I sat there in the silence as I tried to think up a way to leave this place. I didn't even know this man, and for all I know that dog beast could have been his pet.

Besides, I still have to meet the man Drake wanted me to see. I don't want his help as well as Lee's to be in vain.

An abrupt knock on the door startled out of my thoughts as I looked up to see a girl around my age waltz in with a tray of food. Her hair was fine and blond, just like angels hair while her baby blue eyes glimmered in a friendly fashion. I took notice that her slim, willowy body was very tall, taller than me perhaps as she faced me with a smile that held certain childlike innocence to it.