Never Meant To Be [Preface]

Cecilia Sophie was meant to marry a man she never met by her forceful parents, but that was the last straw. In the late of night she manages to run away from her home in hope of finding the freedom she longed for. Unfortunately though, that was the day when she realized some things aren't meant to be.

This is actually a remake of an older story of mine called "Caged In Demon Arms"

I felt that the old one was to simple, if not slight dull at times. Though I haven't finished "Caged in Demon Arms" I will update both to keep the plot going. I'm hopping though this one will be well written and worth reading. :)

Cover image from Deviantart.

All rights reserved

© Kalee E 2009

-----------------------------

Preface

Some things aren't meant to be. It's a perfect statement. It explains in the most unpretentious of words of how things should never happen nor be together. Something Cecilia wished for. She didn't desire for any of this to transpire nor did she want to be the perfect girl. Not in the least bit. All she wanted was a simple life far from her home. Well, whatever they call it anyway. Home to her was more like a dictatorship. Her father, having the blood of a nobleman running threw his veins, ruled over the house with an iron grip. Her mother was the same, except she ruled more over her father's words and held onto him like a puppeteer would to a trivial dummy.

Life was another matter too. Each day of her life was like a conventional routine. She'd get up, get dressed, go to her piano and ballet practice, then go home and eat before excusing herself to bed. It was just so monotonous.

So, she devised a plan.

She just wanted to see the village without being hidden behind the carried curtain that always blocked her view of the villagers. She wanted to live and breathe the fresh air of the outside world, discover what were beyond these dull-cemented walls that her mother and father thought as paradise.

When she finally put her plan into motion, it blew up in her face. The result was so catastrophic that her parents restricted her from ever going into the gardens behind their home, probably the only place where she could see the rays of the sun at all.

This also pushed her delightful parents into making another drastic decision. Marrying her off to one of her father's soon to be allies Archelaus, who had a son around her age. Her father thought it be the ideal way to keep his power tied with the one of the richest lands and would relieve himself of his rebellious daughter in one legal binding. So without another unambiguous thought, they declared both Archelaus son and Cecilia to be wedded on her 17th birthday of May 20th, which was only a month away.

The day she heard of this was the last day she was seen in the village, for she refused to be a bride. Anything was better than enduring such a providence, she rather burn to death if it came right down to it. With that last thought in mind, she turned to a place where she hopped to find the freedom she longed for. Yet, just like the words of fate, some things aren't meant to be.

-------------------------------------

Well, theres the perface, now to upload the chapters. Hope you all liked.