Good and Evil

(A/N Please give feed back, and vote if you liked it :D )  

  Seth walked up to the dimly lit porch he left not an hour ago, a low light came from the living room window to his left. Hopefully Gloria can figure out what happened to Amber. Seth knocked on the door; he checked his watch to see the time, eleven o'clock.  He remembered that there was a spell that wouldn't allow anyone to come in or leave the house after nine, so he turned around and started walking away from the door when he heard it open.

  Gloria stood holding a candle; she looked sickly with bags under her eyes. Seth squinted to see red her eyes were puffy and red.

"Spector." Said Gloria, "The Captain called me" she sniffled and rubbed her eyes. "I would be honored if you stayed in my home."

  "How is Amber?" Seth asked. Seth was shocked he asked that question, why should he care?

  Gloria had the same confused expression on her face Seth did. "She is doing better, that Catholic crock cast Radiance on her. I had some herbs and ingredients to make a potions for her, Amber is asleep now, should be fine though." She let out a sigh and put on a smile. "Would you like me to show you to your room?"

  "If you wouldn't mind." Seth thanked the Witch and they entered the Mansion. Seth stayed behind Gloria, he couldn't see anything. The candle she held was the only lamination, and he thought it rude to pull out his phone to use as a light.

  "Who was this Priest?" Gloria asked, her tone giving away her anger.

  "Father Bruno. A Priest from the Vatican. He came here to give me something I couldn't touch." Seth replied softly.

  "Something you couldn't touch? Is that it?" she asked as they turned to head up some stairs. 

  Seth let out a sigh. "Oddly enough, yes. He simply told me that he had no further business here and walked out."

  "This 'thing' you cannot touch, what was it?"

 "A brief case. He didn't tell me what was in it though."

  They turned a corner onto hard wood floors, Seth shook his head quickly, a cold feeling coming over his body, the feeling of there being a ghost nearby They both walked in silence for the next few steps as Seth saw the hallway that lead to the Library where he had spent last night captive. Seth's stomach let out a hungry growl.

  Gloria stopped and turned around. "Seth Smith, was that what I think it was?" She asked menacingly.

  "My stomach growling? Yes ma'am." Seth replied politely, embarrassed that she heard such a rude noise.

  "Well, a guest in my house must never go to bed hungry, come let's get you something to eat!" She proclaimed gleefully pushing passed him back down stairs. Strangely Seth felt somewhat grateful and happy that someone was willing to cook food for him, on the other hand, his usual thoughts of feeling patronized were creeping back in.

  Seth sighed, "There is no need ma'am, Spectors have been trained to go a week without eating."

  "Bah to your inhuman training." Gloria proclaimed proceeding back down the stairs with Seth in pursuit, "You are my guest first, a Spector second."

  The Spector shrugged, he had already come in the middle of the night, was now taking lodgings with in her home, and yelled at her daughter. Seth decided he had given enough rudeness to a woman who has only shown him kindness, at least for one night.

  She led him back into the familiar white kitchen, and requested Seth to sit at the Island. Seth acknowledged and sat down, once his feet left the floor Seth could not deny the relief he felt for relaxing a little bit. "I appreciate your hospitality Gloria."