Chapter 1

Katie's POV

A lot of you know our lives, or at least our old lives.  I'm Katie Knight, the little sister of Kendall Knight, otherwise known as the leader of the band Big Time Rush. I remember when we used to live at the Palm Woods, always scheming, learning, making mistakes. That seems like it was such a long time ago. 

When all four members reached the age of eighteen and graduated, things started to change. Logan of course still wanted to become a doctor; it'd been his dream job. James actually wanted to stay in Hollywood, but in acting (since he gave up his first role to make Camille happy). Carlos wanted to be a superhero, but there's not exactly a job application for that. He was debating between being a police officer, or a movie director. Finally, Kendall wanted to simply go to college, with a scholarship for Hockey of course. 

After a lot of debate, Big Time Rush ended by the end of that year.

Then all four boys did what the wanted to do. Logan and Kendall both went to the University of Minnesota. Logan getting all of his medical needs, and Kendall getting his basics, as well as playing for his dream team, the Golden Gophers.

James' life was split in half. He owns an apartment in California and Minnesota. He frequently goes back, and forth between the two states; going to auditions and coming home to see friends and family. Carlos finally decided to pursue a career in film making, so he started going to tech schools, as well as getting other classes close to home.

That's been life for about two years now.

And don't get me wrong, my family doesn't live in the Twin Cities.  We live about a half an hour away from Minneapolis. Which logically means Kendall can come home often, right?

Nope.

He came home for Christmas about six months ago and hasn't been home since.

I try to reach out, both my mom and I do, but he doesn't. I actually see the other three boys more then I see my own brother.

Today that's going to change.

 We've been home for about two years and I'm turning sixteen this June. My brother is coming home today, and I'm super excited! For a little while, I thought he forgot about it, but clearly I've been proven wrong.

Kendall walks through the door, smiling with a suitcase in one hand.  He drops it when he sees me, and I run to him. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, and he lifts me up, wrapping his arms around me. "I missed you," I mumble in his shoulder. "I missed you too, baby sister." He said in my hair, then kissed my head, and put me down. 

"I'm so happy its summer! We can go to the movies really late, go camping-actual camping--not the fake camping that we did in Los Angeles--and..." I trailed off, seeing the face he was making. "What's wrong?"

He bit his lip nervously, "I'm only staying for a week."

a week.

a week?

 A week from now would be the twelfth of June. 

My birthday.

Did he forget? I think, there's no way...

I tried to remain as calm as possible, "Why?" 

He swallowed, "Jo is officially moving here, so I have to help her move into her apartment. Then I'm taking her to Duluth, and Lake Itasca; we're going everywhere possible." 

 Now it was my turn to bite my lip, "Why can't you stay another day?"

He sighed and raised a brow, "Katie, why does it matter so much anyway? We can do that stuff anytime. It's not like we need an extra day to do them." 

Anger surged through me. My fears coming true, my thoughts confirmed.

It didn't last long, however, because that's when I almost started crying.

"I-it's m-my..."  Tears started falling out.  I looked at the ceiling, "You're the worst big brother ever!"  I shouted wiping the tears, "I never want to see you again!" I shouted and ran out the door.

---  

After running for a while, I finally reached the home of my now second favorite person: Logan Mitchell and his new wife Camille Mitchell. 

I didn't really talk about the girls, but you'll figure it out as we go along.

 Logan graduated early (No surprise there), and is now a doctor. Camille is still acting, by sometimes traveling with James to auditions, but is slowly thinking of becoming a Drama teacher instead.

 I walked up and knocked on the door.  "Hey.."  I said as Camille opened the door.  

She smiled, "Oh hey Katie, what brings you here?"  

I shrugged, "Running away from a forgetful brother.."  

She put a hand on my shoulder,  "I'm sorry Katie, do you want to come in?"  

I nod my head, "Yes, please."  

I walked in and saw Logan sitting on the couch, in his PJs.  "Morning Babe!"  Camille said walking to Logan.  Logan kissed her and looked at me.  "Oh hey, Katie!"  

I looked at both of them, "Logan," I say confused, "You just woke up?  It's like..."  I looked at my watch, "10:00!"  

He smiled, "Well my wonderful wife and I were unpacking boxes really late last night."  I shrug, and sigh,  "So no offense Katie, but what are you doing here exactly?"  

I sighed again, "Kendall forgot about my birthday and now he's leaving on it..."  I sat down as the memory replayed in my mind.  

"Aww, honey..."  Camille came over and gave me a hug.  "I can't believe he did this.."  Logan muttered as he speed-walked back to his bedroom.  "I'll be back in a sec."  Camille then joined him in the bedroom.  Minutes passed and I decided to watch TV.

---

I just finished watching my favorite Criminal Show when the doorbell rang. Afraid it was my brother, and not ready to face him, I ran into the bathroom.  

I heard Logan come out and open the door.  "So glad you guys were able to come!"

 "So are we!"  Two voices cried and I knew exactly who was at the door now.  

"Carlos! James!" I ran out and hugged both of them.  

"Katie!"  They shouted, elated and hugged back.  "I missed you guys so much!" I said squeezing them tighter, "We missed you too!"  They said simultaneously.  "What are you guys doing here?" 

A/N Sorry... I know its really short.. ;(  But I wanted to give you something thanks for reading ta-ta, for now, JK JK...

Edited 3/22/20