Chapter 2

Katie

The guys simply shrugged and looked at Logan. 

I turned to him, "What did you do?" I tried to look mad at him but my smiling kept peeking through. 

Logan shrugged and gave me a simple smile, "You were upset and I knew the guys would make you happy." 

We all hugged again before walking into the living room.  

I sat down in between Carlos and James.  "So what have you two idiots been up to?"  They rolled their eyes, and James messed up my hair in retaliation.  

"Well, Lex and I have been moving things around in our house and adjusting to all that craziness that comes with being married..." He trails off and looks towards Logan and Camille, "speaking of marriage, how are you two lovebirds doing?"  

Camille blushed slightly, "Well, we just got back from our honeymoon two days ago," Logan started, "but like you, we're just mostly getting settled into our new home." I smiled, at the two pairs of newlyweds.

I've dreamed of the day my brother would get married to Jo. I'd be one of her bridesmaids, (since Camille would be the Maid of Honor) and would help plan everything. I imagined that on the actual day, Kendall would run up to me terrified, not knowing how to tie his tie. I'd do it for him, and walk him to the doors. He'd thank me for being, "the best baby sister ever" and would kiss my forehead. 

But the way things are going right now, I'd feel lucky just to get an invitation. That is if Kendall ever proposed to her.

James put his feet on top of me, knocking me out of my thoughts. "So, Katie what did Kendork do now?" 

"JAMES!" Everyone yelled but me. He jumped up startled before quickly sitting back down. 

"No guys it's okay." I sighed, "Kendall just got back from school and I found out he's already leaving again..." 

They all looked at me confused, like, 'Katie what's the big deal it's school.' 

I continued speaking, looking down, "on my birthday." I heard Carlos sigh, and I imagined him glaring at the ceiling. He hated when Kendall acted like this, they all did. 

"I just can't believe he forgot about it," I said after a moment of silence.

"You know what Katie," Logan said with a determined smile on his face, "you're going to have the best sweet sixteen birthday party of your life, with or without Kendall." 

I looked back up and laughed, "I hope so considering it's the only sweet sixteen party of my life." He glared at me for a second then rolled his eyes, smiling and laughing too.

Then the doorbell rung.

"I got it!" I said getting up. 

As I opened the door, I could hear the other guys getting up to see who it was. 

"Katie!" They said and pulled me outside. 

For a moment I was frightened because I thought a random person pulled me outside, but the moment their green eyes met my mine I knew who it was: Kendall.

I was speechless; I didn't think he cared enough to come and find me. After everything that happened, I didn't think he'd even try. 

"Katie," he says, "please don't do that again. We should never have an argument where one of us walks away angry." 

Kendall places his hands on my shoulders, "Of course I remember that your birthday is next week."  

I still didn't say anything, not wanting to, not yet. 

"I'm sorry, that I've been so busy with everything lately; with sports practice, and school, and girlfriends, and friends. Lately, everything seems to be getting out of control." He bent down so he was close to the same height as me. "You're still my number one, baby sis, and I'd never forget about you."

I felt like crying, all the doubts, and fears I'd had about my brother these past few months, maybe even years had been not true. 

I'd never felt so relieved. 

I hugged him with such a force he almost fell over.

 "I love you, big brother." 

"I love you too baby sister."

A/N

Happy Readings!

P.S This isn't the end, although for some reason it may seem like it... The worst is yet to come...

LOVE Y'ALL! xoxo

Edited 3/23/20