Chapter 2.5

Katie

We both turned towards the door, only to be greeted by the rest of the gang. 

They all had very confused looks on their faces.  

"Hey guys," Kendall started awkwardly, "What's going on?" 

Carlos broke out of his confusion first and offered a small smile, "We're just hanging out, talking about life." He paused and looked my brother up and down, "What's going on with you Kendork?" 

Kendall rolled his eyes at the comment, "Nothing much Carlitos, I'm home to visit my wonderful sister and mom and...Oh! Katie," my brother said turning to me, "I was going to tell you before... the event happened, but I'm..." He paused, looking nervous. 

"What?" I said slightly confused.

"I was wondering," he started again, "If you'd help me pick out a ring for Jo? I want to propose when we come back for the Fourth of July." 

My smile grew to a point I didn't think was possible, "Wait! You're going to propose to Jo?" I then processed all that he said, "Wait! You're coming home for the Fourth of July!?"

 Kendall nodded his head and broke out into laughter.

Then Carlos, James, and Logan all cheered and patted Kendall on the back. 

"Finally!" Camille said, voicing everyone's thoughts out loud. 

Kendall rolled his eyes and let out a puff of air through his nose. "Yes, and yes! So will you help me?" 

I nodded, "Yeah, when do you want to do it?" 

He shrugged, looking at the other three guys, "I'm not sure..." He said trailing off, "What about today?" 

I jumped up excitedly, "Sure! Let's go!" 

He laughed, again, shouted "I'll stop by later!" and headed for the door. 

I quickly turned around and hugged each person. 

"Bye guys, I'll see you later!"

If only I knew how wrong I was.

A/N

Happy Readings!

Edited 3/23/30