Chapter 1: Payton Cade

CHAPTER 1

"Payton! Get off of your computer!"

"Okay, mom! One sec!"

I quickly logged off of my computer, knowing my mom would be upstairs to check on me any minute. I jumped onto my bed and began reading a book. I didn't know what book, because all I could find myself doing was drifting my thoughts to what Erin Pritsker had told me and Nicolette Zara earlier that day.

Her cousin, a fifteen year old girl, was stalked online by a thirty two year old man, who she thought was a sixteen year old boy. The man eventually found her, and tried to kidnap her, but her cousin called the police before he could. 

Jeez. If I was Erin's cousin, I would have been so scared. Maybe even scared enough to let him kidnap me.

But anyways, I'm Payton Cade, I'm fourteen, (turning fifteen in three days!) and I am in ninth grade at Lincoln High in Camson, New York. I have three brothers, Marcus, Toby, and Robbie. And one baby sister, Kendall. My family isn't a very wealthy one, but we aren't too poor either. My oldest brothers, Marcus and Toby are in college. Marcus is a senior at Syracuse Universary., and Toby is a junior at Fordham University.

"Hey Payton." My mom quitely said as she opened my bedroom door.

"Hey mom." I said

"I just wanted to make sure you were off of your computer and doing your homework."

"Oh, yea of course! I love reading uh..." 

I turned the book around to see i was staring at a dictionary.

"Yep. I love reading those dictionaries!" 

"Come on Payton." My mom chuckled "Get some work done. I need you to babysit Kendall for a while."

"Ugh. Come on! Why cant Robbie watch her?"

"Robbie is eleven, Payton."

"Fine. I'll watch her."

"Great. Thanks, sweetie." As my mom began to walk out of the door, I caught her trying to get away from something very important.

"Mom! Wait!"

"Yes Payton?"

"How much will I get payed from this?"

"Is everything about money to you?"

"I will answer that question for a dollar!"

My mom gave me a serious look.

"Kidding, kidding. But you know that I'm trying to save up for a new computer though."

"We will see, Payton. Just finish your work."

As soon as I get my new laptop, I can do whatever I want on it! My mom can't catch me using SpacePage either! Ugh. I really want a SpacePage.

SpacePage is a website where you can put pictures and videos and things onto a profile of your own. After my friend Nicolette got a SpacePage, I've been dying for one. But I guess I'll just have to wait to get the money for a laptop. But before that I have to babysit Kendall. And before that I have to finish my homework. Of all things why did I pick up a dictionary?