Chapter 4

As I stand here in front of the silver doors, I realize something. All of my friends at the academy already left to fight in "war". You see, the hunters society and the race of vampires are constantly in a fight. It's ongoing and when the vampires and hunters that were in that battle die out, a fresh wave comes in. Honestly, our war is more traumatizing and horrifying than the humans can think of. Mainly because humans use bullets and guns. Our hunters use guns but arrow guns, and sometimes guns with bullets that are specially made. Oh and us vampires we just go in as we are. We attack the hunters by tearing their throat, heart, lungs, and other body parts off. We don't stop there, we also make sure the body is completely drained of blood. Sometimes, we tear into their body with our teeth and drain them while they're still alive. It's truly amazing what we can do. But back to the point, the only reason I never went to battle was because I was sent away. Once you leave the academy, you never come back. So right now I suppose I am going to have to eat lunch alone. But it doesn't matter, since my mom died, I've been nothing but alone.

I slowly pushed on the silver doors, they did not budge. I tried again and they slowly creaked open. I walked in and immediately wished I didn't. It was a major bloodbath. Hunters and vampires were everywhere, fighting and dying all at once. I don't know how they managed to penetrate the academy's protective charms, but they did and now everything has went to hell.

I collapsed against the door. Oh no, it was happening. I slowly felt my eyes change color to black and my throat started tightening. Black is the color our eyes turn when we feed. My hands curved into claws and my fangs ripped through my gum. The blood from my gum slowly trickled down my chin, so my tongue shot out to catch it. I moaned at the taste of blood and my spine started tingling. I felt alive with power.

Slowly I walked to the nearest hunter and grabbed her arm, she shot me with an arrow but it just ricocheted into her eyes. Her mouth went open in a silent scream and she collapsed into my arms. I was ravenous, but drinking someone's blood is a very private moment to us vampires of the higher rank. I carried her out of the Mess hall and into an empty classroom. I pulled the arrow from her socket and sucked off the eye at the end. Blood to us is a vital course meal but the extra parts, only the eyes and tongue are like candy. When I felt her iris and cornea slide down my throat, I purred in pleasure. Like a cat that ate real fish for its first time. I gouged out her other eye with my index finger and threw it into my mouth. If I still had my conscious then I would be disgusted at what I am doing right now and I would probably stop. But when a vampire smells blood, they go into a frenzy. A normal vampire would go on a killing spree but vampires with powers are much worse. They go into a state where nothing could break them out of it until they are fully satisfied. That's why it is very important for us to learn how to control ourselves. But Brekile never taught me how. That's why I'm in this position today.

Since her mouth was open, it wasn't a troubling feat to rip her tongue out. I threw my head back and opened my mouth as I dropped her tongue in. She kept it clean so her tongue was more sweet than sour. Nevertheless, it was really good. I pushed her curly blond hair away from her neck and leaned in. I was just about to sink my teeth into her neck when I smelled a horrible stench. I realized it was coming from inside of her so I dug into her neck and pulled back a slab of flesh. Instead of the rich crimson blood usually was, hers was brown. Poison. I should have known. In the midst of battle, some hunters stick themselves with shots of holy water. It does nothing to them, but since it stays in their bloodstream, it can kill us if we drink from them. It won't kill me of course, but since it is poison, I can get violently sick.

Enraged, I picked up her body and hurled it at the window. Her head splattered but I didn't care. I let out a piercing shriek and  kicked all of the closest desks. The air around me started crackling with power, and when I screamed again, the desk, windows, and the doors shattered. They completely broke into a million tiny little pieces. But I didn't care, the only thing on my mind was that I needed blood, and I needed it now.

I stormed into the mess hall but everything was gone. The hunters, the vampires, the blood, gone. The mess hall was like it usually was. 3 long dining tables that can sit 100 people on both sides each, the ordering window, and the desert table. The chandeliers that hung from the ceiling were shining brightly yet, ominously. This whole situation is weird. I felt my eyes turning back to their natural brown and my throat loosened up. My talons and hands went back to their normal state and my fangs retracted.

Cautiously, I made my way back to the classroom I was in and saw absolutely nothing out of place. It was like I never came in at all. The windows, desks, and the doors were restored. There was no body either. I would've believed that I dreamed the whole thing if the taste of that girl's eyes and tongue wasn't in my mouth. I swear if Brekile is playing some type of joke he won't get away with it. I turned on my heel and left the classroom. I started running in the direction of Brekile's office.

I will get to the bottom of this.

OohSjustgotreal. WhatdoyouthinkBrekiledid? HowdoyouthinkBrekileconductedthisanyway? Commentbelow. OhanI'msorryforthelateupdatebutwiththeholidays anmybirthdaytomorrowIcouldn'treallydoanything. ButIthoughtyouguyscoulduseanotherdoseofsnowstainedred. I'mthinkingofturningitintoaseries. It'llbeamazingsodon'tworryyourprettylittlefaces. I'mturning 14 tomorrow *shrieksexcitedly* notthatitmatterstoyou. Butyeah. I have anotherquestionforyouguys, doyoulikeRavenousYuki? Ordoyoulikehernormal? Wellitdoesn'tmatter, eitherwaytheybothwillbearound. *smilesevilly * Nightynight, don'tletthebedbugsbite. :)