Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

[Harry’s POV]

            The girls started screaming once we pulled up to the venue. We hadn’t even stepped out yet and they nearly started crying. I smirked at the fans and looked at the other boys. They looked a bit uneasy about getting out. We still weren’t used to it, although it has been 3 years of this madness. I think, every time we come to America, they girls get crazier and crazier. It’s probably because American girls have a thing for British lads. And, I won’t lie, I like a bit of American girls, as well.

            I sighed, making sure I had my phone tucked deep in my pocket. I don’t want to risk dropping it anywhere when we jump out of this SUV. I have things in here that I wouldn’t dare let the world see.

            “Man,” Liam chuckled. “I forgot how wild California fans get around this time of the year.” He laughed. We all chuckled and agreed. Paul turned around in the passenger seat.

            “Okay, boys.” He pointed out the window. “I am going to be outside keeping the fans out while you run into the building alright?”

            We nodded and Paul got out of the car. The girls started screaming louder. They loved him as much as they loved us. A few asked for pictures and he smiled for a few seconds then went serious again. He made a pathway, using the metal fences, for us to get through. I put my hand on the door handle, getting ready to yank it open. I looked at the other boys before I opened the door. And just when I thought the screams couldn’t get louder, they nearly made our ears bleed.

            “NIALL!”

            “ZAYN, I LOVE YOU!”

            “I love you, too!” he yelled back, making the screams go louder.

            A few girls were crying. I don’t know why they cry whenever they see us. We’re just normal boys who happen to sing on a stage. No big deal.

            “HARRY, CAN I HAVE A PICTURE!” A girl yelled behind me. I turned around and smiled. I put up a thumbs up as we took a selfie. Then they started shoving papers at me. I took a sharpie from their hands as I signed my signature. I did this a few times until Louis called me.

            “Come on, mate!” he shouted. I was far behind.

            I wrapped up the signings and photographs and left. Inside the studio, it was much quieter. There were just people whizzing by to get the interview ready. A familiar woman came up to us. “Hey guys!” she smiled warmly.

            “Ellen!” the boys and I said simultaneously as we greeted the talk show host. Ellen DeGeneres is a legend! I’ve been dying to meet her.

            “Wow, didn’t know you guys talked at the same time, too. That’s what boybands do nowadays?” She joked. We laughed each gave her a hug. She is such a sweet woman. “You guys excited to perform?” she asked, putting her hands in her back pockets.

            We nodded and said yeah at the same time again. “Okay, now it’s getting creepy.” She chuckled, making us laugh.

            “It’s gonna be fun today.” Niall told her. Ellen nodded.

            “Oh, yeah. We have a lot of fun planned.” She smiled. “Well, I’ll let you boys go get ready. We air in 10 minutes” she explained.

            “Okay, cool.” I nodded. “Thanks.” I smiled.

            She nodded then left to go talk to some people. We were escorted to our changing room. It was big. There was a snack table. Niall and I ran over to it and took a cookie. I’m starving!