Chapter 6 - Exploring Leralath

Exploring Leralath

With Alfhild still recovering, Blake took to exploring the castle once again, after finding no rooms that caught his interest, he returned to Adaya’s library. Although she was in it, she paid him no attention and continued with her own book of spells; judging from the way she was pouring colourful liquids into one flask. Blake took a seat with a book that caught his eye; it was about Leralath’s life before she disappeared. Although he had heard from Alfhild, he wanted to read about it, hoping to find clues as to why he was in this kingdom full of magic.

The book sang of her deeds helping the villagers and eventually to the building of a kingdom because of her kindness. The villagers loved her and spent most of their time building the castle that was now Blake’s home. It felt like home, something that he had not felt for a long time and he savoured the feeling. He sat up straight when he saw a chapter about the prophesy. He had been hearing things being murmured as he was passing through the kitchen before entering the library. Something about a prophesy.

Suddenly, the book was snatched out of his hands. “Hey!”

Adaya frowned at him, “Sir Blake, please leave.”

Blake returned her with a frown, “I want to know what’s going on. No one is telling me anything and everyone is talking about a prophesy. Tell me about the prophesy, Adaya.”

“It is not my place to tell.”

Frustrated, Blake forced his anger down, beating a woman was not going to earn him anything and it defied his morals. In addition, Adaya might cast a spell on him and he would be helpless against it. “Fine, who can tell me?”

“Sir Blake,” Adaya was cut off when the door slammed open.

“Adaya! The maid is in pain. I think she is poisoned!” Atara shouted in fear. Adaya immediately grabbed her bag and went with the princess, leaving Blake alone in the library. Despite his interest in reading the book, he realised that Adaya had taken it with her. Dismayed, he was now back to exploring the castle once again. This time, he decided to walk outside.

The weather was sunny with a light breeze that suited Blake’s preference. Noticing a garden, he decided to take a walk there as it had been years since he saw one. With his parents’ disappearance, the garden seemed to have gone with them. The path felt familiar to him as he strolled along. With each step, memories flooded his mind, reminding him of the times he shared with his parents, the walks in their own garden. This was much larger. It was a replica of some sort when he was not thrown in here somehow.

That was when it hit Blake. His parents were indeed from here. The land of Agron, where they grew up in and for some reason, they had to live on Earth. He wanted to know the reason why they left. Why did King Basil keep them frozen here to search for an antidote. So many questions flooded his mind and he was no longer admiring the garden. He needed to find the king and answers to his questions.

However, it was not time to look for the king. King Basil was not in the castle as he had gone out with Prince Aricin. Blake had seen them in a carriage riding out of the castle. Although he suspected that Queen Rasia might be able to answer him, he was not sure of the social etiquette with spending time alone with another female. Sighing, he sat down on a bench nearby and stared at the flower in front of him.