Chapter 5 - Revelations

Revelations

He stopped breathing. “Is... How can that be?” he stuttered for the first time in his life.

“I would have them explain to you rather than me,” Alfhild made a face. “It is their right.”

“What do you mean?” Blake frowned at her remark.

“Baron Elgin, cousin to King Basil and Baroness Lecea.”

“Baron?”

“They have been poisoned that we haven’t found the antidote for.” Alfhild sounded regretful. “We had to put them in frozen state in order to find the antidote.”

“Poisoned?” Blake was reduced to using one word questions by now. Utterly confused at the situation, he wondered vaguely if he was stuck in a dream or nightmare that he couldn’t get out from. Vaguely, memories that were long buried about a restaurant came to his foggy mind.

“Blake,” Alfhild stood close to him, making his heart beat faster than normal. “This is real. This is another world, a world with magic and elves and everything else that in your word, the books have written.”

“I need air.” They left the room and Blake let himself led by Alfhild towards the castle again. He took in deep breaths to clear his head when they reached the entrance of the staircase again.

“I’m sorry, Blake. This is too much for you today. I shouldn’t have,” she stopped when he looked at her intensely. This time, her heart refused to obey her commands and started pumping harder than usual.

“Give me some time. I... I have to go. Thank you.” With that, she found herself standing alone in the empty room feeling remorseful. Alfhild walked back to her room berating herself for revealing too much to Blake. Queen Rasia had made her promise to let the information sink in slowly as Blake was still adjusting to their world. He had been lured by a Polewiki who was out making mischief. She had been informed by a fairy who had been frantic as Blake had arrived too early. It wasn’t his time yet. He wasn’t supposed to arrive two months early either. The prophesy, her thoughts trailed off stunned by Blake’s scarred back.

Hearing a noise, Blake turned around to find Alfhild staring at his torso in admiration. He felt a tinge of happiness but it disappeared when she composed herself. “Lady Alfhild.” Something made him drawn to her. In an instant, he strode towards her in a few steps and pulled her to him. Feeling her heaving bosoms on his chiseled chest gave him a thrill that he never felt before. She stared at him in wonder and gasped when he placed his lips on hers. At first, she was too stunned to respond when she felt him pulling away, she parted her lips. It was all he needed, his tongue explored hers and teased her roof before licking her lips.

Suddenly, the both of them broke apart from the kiss. Looking sheepishly at each other, it soon turned into horror for Alfhild, shock for Blake.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened.” The two of them said at the same time. Awkward, Alfhild gestured that she was leaving while Blake shrugged and turned towards the bathroom, feeling a need to wash his face again.

“What did I do?” Alfhild mumbled into her hands after entering her bedroom. Her heart was still thumping from the wonderful kiss. “Wonderful? I shouldn’t be thinking of that!” she buried her face in her pillow, anguished. Her mind taunted her; she had languished his kiss and pressed herself onto him when his tongue touched hers. It was just a kiss but she had wanted more. She craved for him and his caresses had given her a preview to what was more to come.

Blake stared at his reflection with his finger on his lips. They didn’t feel different but they seemed to yearn for her soft lips. He berated himself. “She’s a lady! Why did I have to kiss her? She must be feeling violated!” But his mind told him that she had enjoyed it too, they way she had pressed herself onto him as if his pulling her towards him wasn’t enough for her heated body. He moaned, she was just right for him but the time didn’t feel right. He hoped she wouldn’t ignore him in the morning before he fell asleep.