Chapter 3 ~ Betrayal From A Horse

Chapter 3

"Oh no! Oh no, no, no, no! No! I refuse to agree to such a predicament. You cannot make me. Your Highness, I promise you nothing in this world would make me agree to this."

And surprisingly that wasn't even me. You'd expect her - Sydney - to suck it up as she already metaphorically kisses Chrissy's ass so they could be wed within a number of weeks. All I want is popcorn as she fails miserably. But I'm going to honest the more she fails the bigger the chance I have of Chrissy choosing me.

I cannot let that happen. I should kick up a fuss.

"I too your grace must disagree to partake in this activity as I am incapable, irresponsible and uncoordinated," I intervened. I looked down as my lips twitched, a telltale sign I was lying. But sadly I'd been caught too many times - even by the Prince - engaged in the activity.

"Okay Riri we all know that's a lie. I've seen you do this with my very eyes. Even the horses knows that's a lie," Chrissy said. I scowled and looked up.

"That was my twin - oh my gosh all along my twin... Ari - Adri - Adriana! Is the one who has passed those tests. Not me. I should go call her. It was nice knowing everyone, I'm just not required here. I bid you farewell," I lied. My lips twitching even more, I turned around and lifted up my dress slightly and sprinted away.

I prayed Chrissy didn't call his guards on me again. I ran out the courtyard, my chest heaving as if I was unfit - pfft - and I headed into the back entrance of the castle.

I haven't been caught. I haven't been caught. I haven't been caught. I chanted in my head, this encouraged my legs to run faster. I skirted around another corner and finally reached the room I was required to accommodate in. I entered and locked it behind me. I collapsed on my bed.

I'm safe. Ari you're safe. You won't marry Chrissy. Chrissy will marry Sydney. You can be that teacher you've ways wanted to become. You don't need to get married. Everything will be okay.

There was a knock at the door. I stayed silent. If they don't get a response they'll give up and leave right?

My mobile phone's very loud ringtone went off. Damn it. I didn't answer. I didn't even look at the screen.

"Ari I know you're in there!" Juliet called out. I breathed. It wasn't the prince. "C'mon open the door." I didn't respond. Chrissy must've told her to talk to me. He did that last time. "Arianna you're going to have to open the door sooner or later. The guards saw you come inside."

I groaned, got up and grudgingly opened the door. "What do you want?" I grumbled. I crossed my arms over my chest and glowered to show my distaste.

"Oh don't give me that look Ari." She let herself in and I closed the door behind her. She sat herself on my bed and got to the point. "You ran away again?" Even though it was phrased as a question we both knew it was a statement.

Yes, Arianna Sofia Irving ran away for the third time. "Do you want me to marry your brother?" I asked her.

"I want Chris to be happy. If that's marrying you then so be it," she replied.

"But I'm your best friend! Don't you want me to be happy?!" I exclaimed. Juliet rolled her eyes.

"Stop being so melodramatic. Like you say yourself 'what's meant to be will find its way', if you and Chris are meant to be you'll be together one way or another."

"What if we're not? What if we end up getting a divorce? I rather avoid that altogether," I cried out. I flung my arms out dramatically and probably looked as if I had lost the plot.