The Masked Gentleman or The Rhythm of Love (Student/Teacher) {Completed}

Grabbing her hand he gently pulled her away from the thriving dance floor filled with teenagers jumping around to the latest ear-throbbing dance music. His suit was tailored perfectly, all sharp edges highlighting his slender yet athletic physique; the suit was a dark charcoal grey that complimented his short, haphazard black hair, making it take on tones of the deepest blues and purples just like a raven’s feather.

She followed him silently, not questioning who he was; however she stumbled in her amethyst high heels as she ran, trying to catch a glimpse of his face whilst keeping up with his long powerful strides.

Finally finding her rhythm and managing to keep up with him she began to appreciate her surroundings as her mouth formed a small ‘o’ in recognition. As his steps began to slow she kept her fast pace managing to get a brief glimpse of his profile. Her eyes drank in his strong jaw and defined cheekbones; she only managed to catch a glimpse of his deep ocean blue eyes, this was because a simple yet striking black Venetian mask covered his face. She then raised a hand to her own face realising she still had her own mask in place an ornate mask of blues and purples over a black background and shaped into a swirling ravens beak.

The girl’s thoughts flashed back to the masquerade ball she had just left, and the dance partner she had left without a word. She wondered if anyone had realised her disappearance yet, but the thought was banished when she tripped on an unseen step and fell into the hard chest of the masked man.

His arms flew from his side instantly securely holding either side of her waist, he swept her off the steps and placed her down on the wooden platform of the gazebo.

The blush eventually left the girls face as she slowly raised her head staring at his chest for a second, before dragging her eyes up to meet his.

A slow smile spread across their faces simultaneously as the man slowly moved both his hands to cradle her back as she ran her hands up his chest and resting them on his broad shoulders. Their smiles widened as the man to the first graceful step with the girl following his lead effortlessly.

Across the breeze floated a slow, long forgotten song of love. Their footsteps matched the song perfectly, and as the music started to swell the pair danced faster with greater passion. As the song came to a close the man lead the girl into one last elegant swirl, leading her into a slow dip. She hung loosely in his arms, eyelashes brushing her cheeks as she looked down at the floor, a light blush covered her cheeks yet it was covered by her mask, what the man could see though was the small sweet smile playing on her lips. The same small smile was mirrored on his face as he followed her in the dip. He held still mere centimetres away from her lips, their noses just touching. Flicking her eyes up to his the girl fixed her icy blue ones on his deeper ocean blue ones and with one hand reached up to pull away the cord that held his mask in place. As the man’s mask drifted to the floor he moved one hand up to her short, slashed bob of auburn hair and tugged at her black ribbon, untying the mask he placed it on the floor next to his.

As they both looked into each others eyes, with no masks to shroud their faces, their smiles were both so bright they could outshine the sun. As the girl looked into the young man’s face a slight, silent sigh of pure happiness and content escaped her lips.

“It was an actual Venetian,” the man broke the silence with a mutter, a slight smirk beginning to taint his pure smile.

“Yeah right, more like the contents of a craft shop and a glue gun,” the girl joked, a spark lighting up her eyes.

“Excuse me I’m hurt by that statement-”

“Well then you’re not as clever as you seem. Double edged sword my friend, double edged sword,” the girl practically laughed out her words.