₀₄ (not so) haunted house

GENIE IN A BOTTLE(NOT SO) HAUNTED HOUSE

GENIE IN A BOTTLE
(NOT SO) HAUNTED HOUSE

Stella walked down the stairs to the Sub Station where Alex, Justin and their father stood. The sandwich shop was decorated in - what Justin called - a "scary" manner. There were posters that made it seem more like a health convention, like "Wash your hands before eating".

"Is it our annual boring house?" Stella questioned, hanging her head on the railing in boredom.

"It is a haunted house and it is scary!" Justin exclaimed before turning to his father. "Okay Dad, are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Now remember, you're an eight year-old boy and it's your first time in the Worst-Case-Scenario Scare House." Justin explained, holding out a green balloon. "Here's a balloon to help you stay in character."

"Oh, can I have a red one?" Mr. Russo whined like a little boy.

"You're an eight year-old boy, you take what you get. Now, go!" Justin snapped, pointing into the subway car.

"But-"  

"Take it!" Justin ordered and his father let out a huff before grabbing the balloon and entering the subway car, the Russo siblings and Stella following behind.

"Okay, I see by the clock that it's past my bedtime, and I haven't done my homework." Mr. Russo said as he walked further into the subway car.

"And cue Harper." Justin spoke into a microphone on his shirt.

"Hey, kid! How about you blow off your homework, stay up late and play a video game with us? What are you, scared?"

"And then I jump out from behind you, with fake blood dripping down my pumpkin head." Max said, jumping from behind Harper.

"Everybody knows that pumpkins don't have blood, Max." Alex told her brother in an annoyed voice.

"Oh, come on, Max. When have you ever seen a pumpkin with blood?" Stella bickered with the boy , her eyes narrowed on him.

"What do you think they make the pies out of?" Max retorted to them.

"The inside stuff!" Alex yelled back.

"Halloween..." Justin tensed before breathing out a sigh. "Is not about pumpkins or blood or pies. It's about life lessons."